Chapter 5: Clash, Not Only Of Ideas Part 2

*Sorry for short and late upload and I know the picture is the fire of rome*

"REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING!" the lokhagos shouted.

"IN FOUR DAYS, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WE WILL START A WAR WITH OUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, WE MUST READY OURSELVES,"

"WE ARE MUCH MORE STRONGER THAN THEM AND OUR ARMY IS MUCH LARGER THAN THEM, 50,000 vs PUNY 10,000 IS TOTAL VICTORY!,"

Then my filos(friend) came up to me.

"I heard that the Gramasians have allied with a new nation, do you think we should be concerned about this?"

"No, I think they won't interfere with another country's internal affairs,"

"But this war was started because of the new ideas brought to them, do you know what those ideas are, only ideas have started this war, knowledge is more powerful than a sword,"

"But we have spears, and also I have heard that possible invasion is possible from the neighboring nations after the war,"

"I think it is good to just avoid a war, and let us all focus on our enemies, the Hemolen and the Sigatti empire, it won't be long before they start to invade through those mountains, but I won't worry since the Centault tribe lives there, they won't tolerate any army going through their lands,"

"You are really educated with military strategies,"

"No, just common sense,"

Then I heard a loud crash on my side, where all the equipment are, are now on fire.

"WHO IS THE IDIOT WHO STARTED THE FIRE!"

No one answered.

"WE GOT FIRE OVER HERE, EXTENGUISH IT!"

Slaves was sent to extinguish a fire, I am glad I wasn't a slave. The slaves brought buckets of water but it wasn't enough, we were all evacuated.

"We may have an infiltrator around here,"

A fire broke out in another arms room, then in the supply room, we were still being sabotaged.

"Bring more water over here!,"

My filos and I went up the wall, to see if we could scout any suspicious individual, after getting up we saw a large swarm of mosquitoes, the other guards didn't notice this because they were occupied with the training and the fire, after all the enemy couldn't have readied their army instantly and have them arrive in a few hours. The swarm was lighting up here and there and the swarm are flying very high so we reported the situation on the outside of the walls.

"A LARGE SWARM OF MOSQUITOES HAS BEEN SPOTTED!"

The men on the ground then tried to find shelter so they could not get sic while the others were still trying to extinguish a fire.

Then a fire broke out in one of the barracks, that's it, I am getting out and running out with my filos into the city, we have no horses, so we would have to make a run for it. After getting down the wall I noticed syntropos(comrades) are now running out of the barracks, the burning one, their skins were charred, their wails was terrifying, I am terrified, sudden outbursts of fire in our important parts of our military. The wall collapsed, now smoking. The swarm was getting closer, there were no people who could bring the wall down without any catapults, crossbows, battering rams and siege towers, and even with those equipment, nothing can make the whole collapse. 

 Then a loud noise was coming from the swarm.

"HALT, WE ADVISE FOR YOU TO  NO LONGER MAKE AN INVASION OF GRAMAS,"

The message was repeated.

It was terrifying, they could easily make a wall go down, what could they do more?

It was good that they stopped and didn't sought for a massacre.

I was curious of what the swarms were, so I stepped forward, but the ground before erupted.

"NOT ONE STEP FORWARD!"

That killed my curiosity, and then I heard marching behind me.

Akontistai, lithovoi, petrovoloi, sfendonital and the rare toxotai line up behind the hoplites.

My lokhagos shouted at me and my filos. 

"GET YOUR GEARS AND GET IN FORMATION!"

We're not sure that we want to venture and have our body erupt like the wall and the ground so we pretended to get my gear and we just ran away. We weren't stubborn, not like the others, we don't boast of our exceptional strength and superior training. 

Heard shouting then ceased heard nothing, it ignited m curiosity, but I am already too far away, I'm  in the middle of the city, we were berated by the locals for running away, we were called cowards, and so they armed themselves with common tools and marched on the opposite direction we went. 

Noises, there were no noises in our opposite direction, it was just silence, we have been heading south for a long time now and we are nearing the tribes.

We heard screaming, I think something is gonna go down, and now we saw the tribesmen armed and in the direction of the city. This is bad, we're already in a civil war, now they've gotten greedy. Our men will be tired, so we both decided that we will try to gather information on their army. It was already night so it would be easier to sneak.

We reached what looks like the tent of the chief, and what we saw where a meeting table with men inside from differing nations. We saw the Warrior Chief, Madadh Macdougalls the Wolf, the Sigattirian General, Mars the god of war ,and the Hemolen General, Anuke the goddess of war. 

"We want you to be the only one present in the invasion of Philopos, so we would not attract the attention of their allies," said the Sigattirian General.

"We don't want them to make it harder for your revenge against the Philopos," said the Hemolen General.

"My people were slaughtered, we don't care if they call upon their allies, we can take them, nothing can amount to our strength," the chief responded.

"Just remember our deal, we don't want you taking every land there is,"

"I won't promise, but you can take the lands after we have taken them, I'm sure you are proud with your armies,"

"We will still supply you, but expect to be cut off when you are nearing your victory,"

"We don't need you but every hand helps,"

And the two friends escaped with information regarding the imminent invasion.