Chapter 2

Y/n was getting ready to close her cafe and head to the store when the door creaked again.

Y/n looked at the door and smiled brightly. "Gin, welcome back!" She quickly prepared some tea.

Gin gave Y/n a tired smile and plopped herself in front of the counter. Y/n moved in front of Gin and placed the tea in front of her and ruffled her long hair. "Your hair is so pretty...Could I perhaps try braiding it?" Y/n asked and Gin nodded.

Y/n went to the door of the cafe and turned the sign to 'closed' and started brushing her fingers through Gin's locks. Y/n saw how stressed Gin looked so she decided that playing with Gin's hair might help-which it did, Gin visibly relaxed.

The room was quiet with the exception of Y/n humming a soft tune. Y/n noticed Gin trying not to doze off so she quickly untied her bun so she could tie Gin's hair with her hair tie. "Done!" She said, and clapped her hand quietly.

"Thank you, Y/n," Gin said, tiredly. "Today has been stressful and spending time with you really helps me," She confessed.

"I'm glad that you find peace in my presence, Gin," Y/n smiled at Gin. "Would you like to talk about your day? If you're comfortable, of course," She sat beside Gin.

"W-well my brother had ummm a project...of sorts to do, but he didn't finish it..? So he is quite angry and is causing a ruckus...He just makes me worry so much...Also my coworkers were being a pain in our mi-I mean work today so that was quite stressful too... " Gin ranted about her day as Y/n listened attentively. Y/n quickly saw holes in her story, but dismissed them quickly as she understood Gin wasn't comfortable sharing all the little details.

"Well, I'm not quite sure what to say to that other than your coworkers seem quite...unique," Y/n said cheekily, eating a laugh from Gin. Y/n let out an airy laugh and went behind to pack six slices of chocolate cake. "Here," She gave two boxes to Gin, each with three slices. "Since it seems like your line of work seems quite...stressful to say the least. Give them to your coworkes and brother, they may enjoy it, and on to your boss, and an extra one just in case. It's on the house,"

"I-I can't-" Gin was cut off by Y/n's glare. Gin shakily accepted the boxes and Y/n smiled again. Gin let out a quiet laugh at her duality. "I'll need to get going now...It's dark out and my brother must be worried," Gin pouted, getting ready to leave.

"Of course. Have a goodnight Gin," Y/n said as Gin left with a final wave.

Y/n let out a deep sigh as Gin left. "No groceries today too, huh," She shook her head and went to the back to collect her things and close the cafe to go home.

As Y/n was walking home, she noticed she was being followed by a group of a few men. She panicked and started walking faster, but the men also quicked their speed and caught up to her. One grabbed her hand and made her halt.

"Please, let me go," Y/n said, she had a smile on her face, but the smile had malicious intent behind it.

"Aww come on, cutie. How bout we have some fun, ey?" Another whispered to her ear as he caressed her waist.

"I guess I wasn't clear enough the first time. Unhand me, now!" She said in an authoritative voice which scared the men, but continued anyway.

A bad move, really. As Y/n was about to use her ability, the men crashed to the ground and were unable to talk, let alone move.

"Are you ok?!!" She turned to the source of the voice to find Chuuya running towards her.

"Chuuya!" Y/n instantly hugged Chuuya when he got close enough. "Thank you," She muttered, head nuzzled in his neck.