Armin Arlert | GN

Maybe it was how you held yourself when you were in a stressful situation or the fact that you would listen to every word he had to say, but Armin fell in love with you. He felt a certain connection with you. Not like the one he had with Eren or Mikasa. It was something entirely different. 

Armin was in love. Plain and simple. What was he going to do about it? Nothing. He'd rather let the feelings hammer against his heart until it exploded before he confessed his feelings. Maybe he was being unreasonable, but he felt it was for the best.

Even if he did write a letter confessing his feelings, he never intended on actually giving it to you. It served as a reminder that, yes his feelings for you were real, but that didn't mean they were returned.

"Hey, Armin!" He turns from his book quickly that he hadn't bothered reading since you were the only thing that clouded his mind. "Hello, (f/n)." He says quietly, hoping you'd leave so the beating of his heart would calm down. Instead, you sit beside him, your back leaning against the tree.

"How's the book?" You ask, glancing over at the pages with a smile. "It's alright. It's truly interesting," he replies and finally looks you in the eye, lowering it to his lap.

"Well, it'd probably be better if it wasn't upside down." Armin's face flushed and he looks at the pages. The book was, in fact, upside down. Embarrassment floods through him and he places the book to the side.

"What's on your mind?" You nudge your shoulder against his, not knowing that you were on his mind. He'd much rather get swallowed by a titan than confess to you. Rejection wasn't exactly on his list.

"It's nothing." You nudge your elbow into him and the little bit of contact made him want to hold you in his arms.

"It's definitely something." You purse your lips and grin at the blond. "Let me guess," you tease, "girl troubles? Boy troubles?" You've known the boy for years and never had he once thought of anyone romantically as far as you, Eren, and Mikasa knew.

He swore his heart would fall into his lap any second if you stayed by his side any longer.

Taking Armin's silence as an answer, your eyes widen. "Do you like someone? Really?" Excitement was laced in your voice and you almost kissed his cheek in encouragement. "Who's the lucky one?"

"Lucky one?" He questions meekly and you nod. "Yep! Who's the lucky person to gain your love and affection, ocean eyes?" Your words played with Armin's emotions and he liked the way it felt. He mutters under his breath and you lean closer to him. "Hm?" 

Armin flushes when you tuck his hair behind his ear. "They must be special," you say, standing up, "I won't force it out of you, though." Wiping the dirt from yourself, Armin stands up along with you as you turn around. "I'll see you during dinner tonight?"

"(F/n), wait," he didn't know what he was going to say, but he blurted the first thing that came to his mind.

"What's up?" You quirk your eyebrow and watch as he picks his book up. He hands it to you, the tips of your fingers grazing against each other and it was enough to drive him crazy. "I think you'll enjoy it. I'll see you during dinner." His heart shook his ribcage as he walked away, before he took a deep breath, allowing his worries to melt away.

When you open the front cover, a slip of paper falls out and your eyebrows pull forward in confusion. "What's this?" You question to yourself.

Armin was back in his room, looking for his letter in a slight panic. "I remember it being in one of these books." He flips the cover of each book and bites the inside of his cheek.

Curiously, you pick it up, unfold it, and notice Armin's handwriting Should I read it? No. Yes? No, that's an invasion of privacy. But what if it's important? Then return it to him. You argued with your thoughts, before folding it.

Armin looks out his window to see you gazing down at a piece of paper and tears threaten to fall from his eyes once he realizes he left it in that book. Did you read it? Well, you were staring at it, so you must have. He watches you walk towards the building before disappearing inside of it. He reorganized his things and sat on his bed, preparing himself for the possible rejection.

Moments later you knock on his door, paper and book in hand. A small "come in." greets you and you make your way into the nervous blond's room.

"Hey, Armin. You forgot this." You sit beside him on the perfectly made bed, extending the paper towards him. "I didn't read it-"

"I'll get over it, eventually." His words make you do a double-take. "I love you so much and-" he stared at you, completely horrified once your words sunk in, "-you didn't read it?"

A grin tugs at the corners of your mouth and you lift your hand to rest on his cheek. "You love me?" He nods, not trusting his voice. "Good, because I love you too."

He felt himself melt at your words,  "May I kiss you?" He nods once again and you press your lips against his soft ones. your lips mold perfectly like fresh clay.

"I can't- believe I'm - the lucky one." You say in between kisses and he lets out a quiet laugh as you pepper his face in kisses.