4. Cherry

Donovan

The car ride home was a quiet one. I grabbed Mel's hand and held it to soothe her. She was so worked up about this guy, and I felt helpless because I couldn't do anything about it. We pull up to the house, and as I'm about to get out, she grabs my hand. I look at her as tears stream down her face. "What's wrong?" I ask. Her eyes flutter from my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes. "Fuck me," she says, climbing on top of me and kissing me. I grab her face and start kissing her passionately and move from her lips to her neck and shoulders.

"Mmm, Don right there." she moans out. "Donovan! Donovan!" I was snapped out of my daydream by Eric calling my name. "HELLLLOOOO!!!??" He yells. "What?" I say with a mug on my face. "You were daydreaming about fucking Melanie again, weren't you?" He says. "Bro fuck you!" I say, getting out of the car. We walk inside and sit in the living room. "Where's Mel?" I ask. "She went upstairs to shower. She said she'd be back down in a bit." He said, stuffing his face. I walk upstairs to change, but as I'm walking by Melanie's room, I hear her talking on the phone to someone.

Melanie

"Yeah, I was super fucked up over him today, and now I feel good that I let it out," I said to my cousin Masynn. "I'm glad you feel better, sweets, because that funk you were in was not cool at all." She says, laughing. I called my cousin to fill her in because she's been checking in with me tons since she returned home. "So how's everything with you know who?" She asks. "Who? Don?!" I ask, surprised that she would bring him up. I put her on speaker and got dressed to go out. "Yes! That fine ass man you call a best friend! How is he?" She says. I laugh and say, "He's doing good, I guess. I mean, he's been helping me through this breakup, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about him, you know." She sighs, "You need to stop playing Virgin Mary and give him that box! You and I both know he wants it. Bad!" We laugh out loud. "Omg! Whatever Masynn! I'm sure he doesn't want me. I'm not even his type. The last female he was with wasn't even close to what I look like." I say, putting on my clothes. "Yeah, okay. I think y'all need to stop all the bullshit and fuck. I mean, what's the worse that can happen? You get pregnant, y'all get married and build a life together? Y'all already live in that big ass house together!" She says. "Am I still meeting up with you and Janice at the fair?" I ask, changing the subject. "Nah, it's just me. Janice got a man, so she acting funny." She says. "Should I bring the guys?" I ask. "What guys?" She asks. "Don and his friend Eric," I say. "Is Eric cute?" She asks. I send her a picture of him, and she says, "Yesssss!!! Bring him!!!" I laugh and say goodbye and hang up. I decided to go with this look for the fair.

 I decided to go with this look for the fair

"Guys?!" I call from my room. "What's up?!" They say in unison. "Get dressed. We're going to the fair." I say, going downstairs.

Donovan

I'm in my room waiting for Eric to come up and get dressed. I dressed down in primarily black.

I put my hair up, and as soon as I was done, Eric came in

I put my hair up, and as soon as I was done, Eric came in. "Bro, close the door!" I say. "Whoa, man, you're my dawg and all, but I'm not with that freak nasty shit." He says. "Shut up and close the door behind you, man I need to tell you something," I say. He closes the door and walks into the bathroom. "What's up, bro?" He says. "So I was walking up here to my room, and I overheard Melanie talking to her cousin about what's been happening," I say. "Uh-huh." He says, looking at me crazy. "Well, as she's telling her cousin everything, her cousin flips the subject and asks about how I'm doin'." I continue. "Right, right." He says. "So Mel says I'm good and whatnot and tells her about some more shit," I say. "Yeah." He says. "Her cousin told her that she needs to stop fucking around and fuck me, bro," I say, walking out of the bathroom. "What did Mel say?" He asked. "She didn't say yeah, but she didn't say she wouldn't. She thinks she's not my type." I say, putting on my shoes. "Is she your type?" He asks, putting on his shoes. I thought for a moment. "Are those mine?!" I ask. "No, these are mine, but this shirt is yours." He says. He went with a cool red and black look.

"Mel has always been my type man

"Mel has always been my type man. I would hate to cross that line. I don't want her to feel awkward." I say. "Bro, just tell her you've had a thing for her since forever." He said casually. "It's not that easy, E," I say, opening the door. He turns to look at me and laughs. "But it is. You couldn't even bust a nut with your 'first' because you were thinking about her." He says, and I punch him in the arm to silence him. "Man, chill with that, iight?! Nobody knows that but you." I say, looking out the door. He shrugs, and we walk downstairs. "Mel, we're ready to go," I say, being caught by surprise at the girl on the couch. "Well shit, it's about time, ladies!" She joked. "Wait a minute! Hol' up! Who might you be gorgeous?" Eric says, reaching for her hand.

 "Wait a minute! Hol' up! Who might you be gorgeous?" Eric says, reaching for her hand

"Guys, this is my cousin-." She starts. "Masynn?!" I ask. "Hey! How have you been, Donny?!" She comes over and hugs me tight. "It's been great! How are you?" I say, hugging her back. "Oh, you know, just floating around making money. Same thing, different day." She says. "This is my homie, Eric. Eric, this is Masynn." I say. "Masynn, it's a pleasure to meet you." He says, kissing her hand. I walk over to Mel. "They're going to hit it off tonight." She laughs, and I open the door, and we head to the car. We get to the fair, and the first thing Eric does is buy food for Masynn, and then they dip. He texts me saying they're going on a roller coaster, so it'll be a little while, and they'll catch up with us. I text him back, and Melanie and I head to the Ferris Wheel.