Chapter 18 The Kiss

Daniel's POV
My eyes fluttered open and I find the most surprising person in my face. Hailey. Ugh I have a major headache. The last thing I remember is me and that ass brawl. Did I black out? Well he is a vampire. He's just lucky that I didn't unleash my full power. I'm consider as one the most powerful vampires.
"Daniel! Are you ok?!?!" Hailey asked with concern written over her face.
"...." I stayed quiet and an idea popped into my head. I did the boldest thing I could've done. I kissed her. Full on the lips. She froze and I could hear growling. Probably from that idiot Matt. But what surprised me more is that Hailey kissed back. She KISSED BACK! I'm so happy right now that I think my heart can actually burst out of my chest. I think Matt noticed she was kissing back cause I heard more growling. We pulled back trying to get air. Both of our faces flushed. She gave me a small smile and sat next to me. She leaned her head on my head.
"I guess your ok." She whispered. I chuckled and nod. It was still dark but not that dark so it means dawn. I went back to sleep with Hailey resting on my shoulder.
Hailey's POV
He kissed me! He really kissed me! I can't believe innocent Daniel kissed me! I rested my head on Daniel's shoulder and drifted off to sleep. But right before I went to sleep I heard Matt growl. But it wasn't a mad one it was more of a hurt one. Oh. Matt. I totally forgot he was there. AWKWARD!