15

Lily

Oh man, why does Arabella always feel the need to be so bold and never think about anything? What do I even say now?

"Don't lie to me, Lilith. Or is it Lily?" He snarls, taking another hit of the cigarette. His cheeks hollow at the pull and he throws his head back, breathing it all out.

"I like Lily better," I whisper, too scared to speak in a normal voice. "And I don't know, I told you I don't remember anything. Maybe 'A' was supposed to stand for assault? I have no idea," I lie but making a bit of sense. I'm a terrible liar. Thankfully, it's dark, so he can't see my red face betraying me.

"It's not only that, Lilith. You know, the same thing happened in the bathroom the other day. You went batshit crazy at that dude and I know you would never do something like that," He's catching onto me.

Should I just tell him?

No. That would be stupid. Knowing him, he would somehow use it against me and taunt me even more.

"Also, we're most likely leaving for Sicily a bit sooner than we planned," he thankfully changes the subject. But I do know he won't let this go. So I guess I'll have to try and control myself, so Arabella doesn't come out again and mess everything up.

"Why's that?"

"I swear to god, Lilith," he groans, annoyed I'm asking questions again. "Because you thought it would be a good idea to mess with one of our biggest rivals. That's why," he flicks the cigarette off of the balcony, pushing himself away from the railing. He turns around to go inside, but I follow him.

"How was I supposed to know?" I furrow my eyebrows staring at his back muscles showing from under the shirt. He stops right before the doors leading inside and turns around to face me. His eyes sparkle in the dark, looking down at me. And already, I regretted I said anything.

"So you're saying he didn't tell you?" He raises his eyebrows and I go quiet, knowing he did. He scoffs shaking his head and turns around once more, but this time I grab his wrist, making him freeze.

"Wait," I say. Oh, what am I doing? Like this would ever work.

He looks to the side, still turned away from me. I guess that's the best I'll get, so I better start talking; "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight. I was angry and hurt and I just wanted to distract myself. He was the first guy I saw, so I went with it," I rattle on, while he listens carefully.

"I really am sorry. I didn't mean to mess with your business," I say quietly, looking at my feet.

We stand quietly for a few seconds, both of us not moving. You could only hear our synchronized breathing. Scared of what he might say or do, I keep quiet, waiting for him to speak first. Finally, he turns around to face me. His face slowly closing in on mine, my breathing speeds up. He stops a few centimeters away from me, staring directly into my eyes, "okay," he cocks his head sideways, giving me a devilish grin. But he still doesn't move away.

Actually, he takes a step towards me, making me take a step back. Why does he always do this?

Soon enough my butt is touching the railing of the balcony, and only then he stops walking. My heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest.

"I make you nervous," he hums in a low tone, his breath smelling of mint and cigarettes. Cold breeze hitting my bare legs makes me shudder and Beau smirks.

Leaning into my ear, he whispers slowly, "did Luca make you feel like this too?"

I shake my head 'no' and he moves back to look at my face, "use your mouth, bambola."