x. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Jason sighed contentedly as he woke up, arms wrapped around Marinette.

He smiled sleepily at his girlfriend as her breath fanned across his chest. How did he end up with someone so wonderful?

Marinette was the love and light of his life. Literally.

If it wasn't for her, he'd have fallen off the edge of insanity.

Marinette pulled him from the brink and helped him become someone worth living.

She made him want to fight that darkness inside him so that he could never hurt anyone like that again. Marinette was like the only thing keeping him steady when he suffered from the Lazarus Pits. The way she cared for him, the way she loved him, made Jason feel more hopeful than he had in a long time.

He was snapped out of his rather deep thoughts when Marinette stirred a little. "I can hear you thinking from here. What are you thinking about?" she grumbled.

Jason let out a deep laugh wondering how to answer her. "Just...just thinking how lucky I got to have you."

He tenderly pushed a strand of her hair off her face.

Marinette, a little more awake, snuggled closer to him. "Me too," she said, her voice muffled.

Jason raised an eyebrow at her. He didn't believe her in the slightest – in fact, he always wondered why she dated someone like him. Someone with so many issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette huffed when she realized Jason was probably undermining himself again. Like, honestly, didn't he see how much he actually supported her?

(Unlike anyone else in her life, except for maybe, Tikki)

Jason was her one constant after she left home an came to Gotham. Yes, he was in a pretty bad state but so was she.

She had just graduated College, defeated Hawkmoth and lost all her friends in one go. Not to mention she had to leave home.

When Marinette arrived to Gotham, she was ready to give up. But then she bumped into Jason – quite literally.

After that? Well, suddenly, Marinette started feeling slightly more hopeful that things wouldn't be so bad after all. Maybe she wouldn't be alone anymore.

Realizing that Jason was still silent, Marinette turned her face to his. He looked like he was thinking hard about something. Probably about what I just said.

Out of the blue, Marinette suddenly asked, "Do you remember the first time we met?"

Jason hummed and cracked a grin. "Yeah. You crashed into me."

Marinette's lips tugged up at the memory. Then it faded and she readied herself to open up a little more to Jason. "Then, I was pretty hopeless. I had just graduated, defeated a supervillain and lost my friends to a liar all at once."

She said liar with a more than a little bitterness.

"But then, I met you," she smiled softly at Jason. "And then, suddenly everything seemed a little brighter. Like I wasn't alone anymore."

Jason was looking at her with wide eyes.

"So, you see, Jason," Marinette continued. "You've helped me as much as I've helped you."

For a few minutes, they sat in comfortable silence.

Then, Marinette heard Jason whisper a small, "Thanks, I didn't know I meant that much to you."

Marinette shook her head at his obliviousness and kissed him – morning breath be damned.

**

2 hours later, the two of them got out of bed after some...very rigorous exercising.

Jason grinned mischievously as he got out of bed. "Well now Pixie, that was an eventful start to the day."

Marinette rolled her eyes at him and padded to the kitchen. "That's the understatement of the year, Jason," she called out.

She didn't bat an eye when she felt Jason's arms wrap around her waist. His hot breath fanned on her neck. "Up for doing it again?"

"Nope." Marinette popped the 'p' – it took a ridiculous amount of self-control for Marinette to not take that back when Jason pouted against her neck. Which basically meant he was kissing her neck.

She backed away slowly. "I'll be back in a minute – will you look after the pancakes?"

Jason was still pouting put he nodded anyway peering at them.

"Good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason smiled sheepishly at Marinette as she came back into the kitchen.

"Where are the pancakes?" she asked curiously.

He pointed a finger up.

Marinette looked up and sighed fondly at him.

The pancakes were stuck on the ceiling. Oops.

"You, lovable idiot," she said wrapping her arms around his neck. "How did you manage to do that?"

Jason shrugged. "I was flipping them, but they went a little too high...so, yeah."

Marinette giggled at him and lifted her lips to meet his.

**

Only as they were about to kiss, the pancakes unstuck from the ceiling.

And fell on their heads.

Oops.