Chapter 3: Lunch

Maria was shifting nervously from foot to foot as she stood in the lunch line. Her nervousness eased when she saw Staci in line too. She waved to Staci, and Staci pointed to a table. Maria looked at the table where Staci was pointing. At the small, square table, Claire and Arlene were there. Both of them had packed, and that was a good thing because it gave the friends a table to sit at.

When Maria glanced back at Staci, she saw that Tianna was talking to her. Maria felt the faint anger pulse through her. Staci was also kind of popular, so she might drag those idiot girls with her too.

The idiot girls were the kind of girls who were nice, but snobby nice. They're the type of girls who will ruin the classes chance of getting a reward.

** Lunch Table **

"Finally! That took my entire life just to get this crappy lunch. I resolve to packing for the rest of the school year." Maria said as she took her spot at the table. The popular boys were holding up the line, so she was the last one to take her seat.

Claire smiled and said, "I think I learned to pack by now."

"I'm glad you have, cause I didn't!"

Staci was smiling as she took a bite of her turkey. "Ooohhh! Let's play truth or dare!" Arlene looked at the friends for agreement. They all nodded, so Arlene started off. "Maria, truth or dare? You get two freebies for each category, but you'll forever be known as a baby if you use one on your first turn."

"Truth."

Arlene looked at Maria with a sparkle in her eyes. "Do you like Eric Ree?"

The entire table froze, looking at Maria, waiting for her answer. Maria looked down at her food. "I need a straw." She said quietly.

"Oh come on! Maria! You're not really going to use a freebie now, are you? Do you want to be known as a baby?" Staci, Claire, and Arlene all said in unison. Maria got up and went to get her straw.

The others were chatting when Maria got back with her straw. They all stopped talking when she sat down. "Ugh! Fine, yes I like Eric Ree! Staci, truth or dare?"

Staci looked up in surprise. "Hmmm... Give me a dare."

"I dare you to go to your least favorite girlfriend in this grade and trip her." Maria thought that it was a pretty good dare. ''Who will you trip?"

"Tianna. Brb!" Staci waltzed up to Tianna, who was getting a napkin. The group watched intently as Staci reached Tianna.

"Wait, is Staci holding her milk? What's she doing?" Claire said suddenly. Staci was walking directly into Tianna. They bumped together, and Staci spilled her chocolate milk on Tianna's white shirt.

"What the hell!" Tianna exclaimed at Staci. Just then, an aid was in earshot of what Tianna just said.

"Miss Maize! We do not except that language. Go to the nurses office and get a new shirt." Staci bit her lip to keep from laughing. The aid turned to her. "Miss Wells, I assume that what just happened was purley an accident?" Staci didn't trust her voice, so she nodded. "Good. Now may I ask why were you walking with your chocolate milk?"

"I was going to throw it out. I thought it was empty, and I was trying to remember the science homework. I'm so sorry about that, honest." Staci hoped that the rumors about this aid being a cop were wrong. If they were right, Staci could be in some deep doo-doo.

The aid nodded and walked away. When Staci turned around, Tianna was there. Tianna walked up to Staci and whispered in her ear, "I'll get Arin to do something about what just happened. If I were you, I'd watch your back."

***

As soon as Staci sat back down, everyone complimented her on the outstanding 'performance'. "What did Tianna say to you?" Asked Maria when everyone calmed down a bit. Staci took a bite of her apple,chewing for a moment.

"Spit it out! Well, don't but quit keeping us in suspense!" Arlene told Staci.

Staci finally swallowed, and took a sip of her water. "She said that she'd get Arin to do something about what just happened."

The bell rang, signaling the kids back to class. "That's harsh." Claire said as they left the cafeteria. Staci nodded, then someone ran by, making the group of friends all fall. "Something tells me that that was Arin..." Claire said as she struggled to get up.

"And that this isn't the end. Arlene are you okay?" Staci asked.

"Put the pieces together Sherlock, of course I'm not alright!" Arlene responded with a short laugh.

Maria just looked grim. "I'm going to go get the nurse." Then she ran off.

Hey guys! I am SO sorry for not updating, school has been crazy! I'm in field day, spelling bee, and on and on. Pwease forgive me? *Gives puppy eyes*