Chapet six The date

It has been a week since I have seen Briden but yesterday I heard from the stranger.
Stranger: Where are you?
Me: Not saying.
Stranger: Well hurry home, there is a surprise.
I am just about to walk inside when I see a strange car parked outside. Its not Johns, he's at work, its not moms, its in the garage. I walk inside and hear talking in the kitchen. When I get inside the kitchen Briden is in there.
"Honey you didn't tell me you already had a boyfriend." Mom said
"I don't...We are just really good friends." I replied. Briden glances over at me with a confused look. I ignore it.
"Ok, whatever you say ,(she pauses), Sophie." She teases
"Lets go to my room." I say to Briden. My mom laughs. When we get up to my room he says. "Hey beautiful, really good friends huh?" "Shut up." I replied. He chuckles. We were together in my room for about a hour until he says, "I'm bored of sitting in your room. We should go on a date."

"Where?"

"The nice place down the street from the beach."

"Ok. I'll get dressed."
I grabbed a few things from my closet and hold the close to my chest until I hide it under my bag. He walks over and tries to see. "No peeking." I playfully scold. He puts his hands up, "Ok, ok." He had a hint of playfulness in his voice. I come out in my navy-blue dress and everything is silent. I look at him and blush. The I noticed he was already changed. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a black suit jacket, unbuttoned. Then I noticed his swim trunks on my bed so I grabbed them and shoved them into my bag. In there I have my bathing suit and towel. I was hoping we could go to the beach afterward. "What's that for?" "I was kinda hoping we could go to the beach afterward. I-I mean, we had beaches in Hawaii, but I really want to see the California one." "Babe, (with some amusement in his voice) we were there last week!" "Well", I say slightly embarrassed, "We could go to a different one." At this point I am blushing furiously. He laughs, "Whatever you want Sophia."
After an amazing dinner We went outside to the fountain and say on the bench. I brought up the stranger. "So you know who he is."
"Yep, basically."
"How does he know me?
"You guys go a long way back."
"Is he my age?"
"He's sixteen."
"Just like you!" I was joking. His face changes, it's just like he has seen a ghost.
"How so?"
You are sixteen, we go a long way backWhats wrong?" He was silent.
I wait for a minute or two. "Briden?"
He still doesn't answer and my patience has ran out. "Briden! What is wrong with you! Are you even listening to me? I-",he stops me in my tracks. "The stranger was me. Haven't you noticed that ever since we got together he stopped?"
"Well ya but you still could have told me it was you instead of pretending to be a creepy stalker! I mean its great that we are back together and all, but how did you even get my number?"
"Friends."
"Briden, no, that's not going to work this time. I need the whole story."
"All right. I got a text from Kyle saying that you where moving to California and that we could meet up at the airport."
"Ok that only explains how you knew I was in California. But not how you got my number."
"That was the work of another friend Tom. He works at the Sprint that you went to to get a new phone when you got here. I asked he gave me the phone number."
"Briden, then how where you on the plane?"
"I wasn't."
"There was another boy following me. He loomed a lot like you."
"Max." He whispers.
"What?"
"Nothing."
We head towards the beach in silence.