Chapter eight

We arrive at the beach and there is no one to be seen. The sunset is beautiful. The pinks and reds set the sky on fire. There are no clouds and the waves are crashing and filling the shore with white foam. I take it all in, then his voice startles me.

"Hey, I guess I owe you an explanation."

"Yeah, you kind of do, Briden."

"So, um. Ok, so back there in the car..."

"Yeah?"

"The person following you is my brother Max. He's been helping me find you, helping me get back to you."

"Ok, your back to me now so what does he want? And why haven't you said anything about him before, why did I know him as Anthony?"

"I know,you have a lot of questions, but I don't have all of the answers! I'm not sure why you knew him as Anthony, but he wants you! He's a physco path. I haven't said anything before because we had to send him away because he was hurting everybody. It was a while ago, so it kind of didn't matter

"Oh.. I'm sorry."

"So your not mad?"

"No, it's not your fault...that..he's...stalking me."

"Yes, it is if I hadn't..."

"Shut up. I still love you, it's not your fault."

On the inside, I don't know how in feeling. I'm kinda freaked, but I feel bad. Kind of mad that he tracked me down... he could have called. I'm just confused. Thats the best way I can explain it.

I yawn and snuggle up to him and drift off to sleep.

Briden picks me up, carries me back to the car and takes me home. Once we get there he tucks me into bed.

"A good night kiss?" I asked.

"Sure."

He kisses me (he seems like he is hesitant) and leaves.

"I love you, matter what." I whispered.