Trouble

Alberto's POV

I'd been waiting for Luca to get back from Genova since the day we said goodbye on that train platform. I couldn't stop thinking about the wonder and ever-present kindness in his eyes and I'd thought about all the fun we'd had last summer a lot. But as I stood on the train platform waiting for him to come back, Bruno started talking in my mind. 

"What if he doesn't like you too? What if he met someone else in Genova?"

"Silenzio Bruno." I thought to myself. I wasn't going to let Bruno get in the way of my reunion with Luca. When Luca stepped off the train, all of my worries instantly melted away, seeing the joy in his eyes as he tackled me made me so happy. And as we swam off to the island, I couldn't stop thinking about him, swimming there next to me. He was adorable, his warm, brown eyes, his dark, curly hair, and the splash of freckles across his cheeks. As we sat under the fish, I dozed off thinking about the wonder in his eyes as he gazed up at the stars.

I woke up early the next morning on my back with Luca's arm draped across my chest. I smiled and ran my hand through his hair, he shifted and I pulled back my hand and blushed. I looked up at the sky,  it looked so much different than under the sea, up  here the light didn't dance with every ripple of the water. Listening to the rustling leaves and the reeds moving in the breeze, I quickly fell back asleep

Luca's POV

I was awake when Alberto was messing with my hair. I'd had feelings for him for a while, but I didn't know how to tell him. When he woke up, we swam back to Portorosso. Only to be greeted on the beach by my least favorite human, Ercole.  

"Hey! Number one and number two."

"Ugh, Ercole. What do you want?" I asked, as Alberto and I shook ourselves dry

"How many times am I gonna have to tell you? I want you out of my town!" 

"And yet you have no 'friends' to back you up." Alberto said with a smirk. Ercole growled and shoved him back into the water.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I stepped forward and shoved Ercole back. Alberto climbed out of the water, the water on his blue-purple scales glistening in the light. I could see the anger in his green and yellow eyes as he approached Ercole and punched him in the face. Ercole stumbled back, hand over his nose.

"Idioti!" he snarled. "You'll pay for that!" He rushed me, and before I could react, he had me pinned to the ground, his hand covering my mouth and nose I clawed at his hand, trying to breathe. I kicked, punched, and struggled. He punched me, and I lay there for a moment, dazed. My vision started to darken as I struggled for breath.  I heard Alberto yell my name as I finally passed out.