Chapter 13: A Day of Romance and Thunder

The sun rose over the horizon and slowly crept into a dark room where Leaf lay awake in bed still recovering from her heart transplant.

"No matter how long it's been, I'm still thankful I'm not in that hospital anymore!" Leaf thought to herself as she stared at the ceiling listening to the sound of her body rising with each breath.

Her brief meditation was cut short by a knock on the door "Leaf it's me! Are you up yet?" Red called to her from behind the door.

"Yeah come on in Red!" She called out

"Good morning!" Red greeted as he slowly opened the door.

A smile formed on Leafs face as pikachu and jigglypuff ran into her room as well and jumped up on her bed

"Watch out guys! Man with a tray coming though!" Red stated as he placed a tray on Leafs lap that consisted of cereal and toast.

Leaf looked down at what Red had brought her "The usual I see…." She sarcastically replied.

"Hey! Cereal and toast is all I know how to make!" Red retorted.

Leaf laughed and shook her head "Red, you know I have more than enough strength to make my own meals right?"

Red glanced away as she started eating "Yeah…but still"

"Hey! You keep spoiling me like this and I might make you into my own personal butler" Leaf winked at him.

"Ok now you're going a little overboard Leaf!" Red stated as he left her to finish eating

It had been months since Leafs operation. It took a lot of time and effort from both Red and Leaf, but Leaf had finally managed to regain most of her original strength back. Never the less, until she was given the doctors permission, she was told to take it easy. Gym battles, legendary bird hunting, it was all on hiatus until the doctors were sure that Leafs heart could take the pressure of such an ordeal. As such, Red and Leaf were now restricted to doing mundane activities. They would go on walks, play games, pretty much anything but stress themselves too much and despite these setbacks, neither of them minded it at all. Red was happy because Leaf was alive and he got to spend time with her and Leaf was just happy to be on her feet again.

After finishing her meal, Leaf made her way downstairs to say "Hello" to her pokemon.

"Good morning guys!" Leaf greeted while petting articuno

"Here eat up!" She laid some food out for them and Leaf looked over to see Red holding a deck of cards in his hand

"Are you ready?" he asked "I won't lose to you today!"

Over the past few days, Leaf had taught Red how to play Blackjack, but his luck had been less than stellar when it came to beating her.

"Oh! We'll see about that!" Leaf replied as she and Red sat at the table

Red proceeded to deal out the cards and looked at them with a smile on his face

"Check this out" Red said as he flashed a cocky grin "8….15….19!" Red stated with confidence as he laid his cards down "Beat that!"