Not All Who Wander Are Lost

People almost cream themselves at the prospect of having their problems solved magically

People almost cream themselves at the prospect of having their problems solved magically. Yet, every single one of them refuses to believe in magic. The modern media turned it into some ridiculous abracadabra shitshow with funny Latin words thrown around for good measure. 

It always pisses me off. It pisses me off how easily people disregard and discard the possibility of magic being real when the world surrounding them is filled with it. It's everywhere if only one knows where to look. 

Belief, not in some imaginary deity, but in yourself. In your will. In your ability to manifest your desires into reality, to achieve whatever you want to achieve because you want to. That's what magic is all about. When you look at the world and you don't like something—you change it. You force your will upon the reality, bend it to your control and make it be. 

Sadly, the practice of the craft has slowly been forgotten as the years went by. Women getting burned at stake who weren't even witches. Such type of treatment is surely a boner-killer for every novice witch out there. And then people wonder why so many religions dislike Christianity. 

As a wandering god with no pantheon, I certainly reciprocated those feelings. As a wandering god one whose domains just happens to be magic, well... I hate them all the more for it. 

People stopped believing in the gods. Many have faded, forgotten by the people who used to worship them. Forgotten and betrayed. Some were like me, lucky, whose domains were far more prevalent than mortals could afford to forget. There are some things you simply don't forget. Media helps. Even though I loath the representation my domain gets in it. Beggars can't be choosers though, or so I've heard.