What Goes Around

𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈 • 𝒢𝑜𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒻𝓉

"This is where the entrance to the underworld is located... Really?" Percy asked with disbelief in his tone.

I shrugged with a casual grin. "It was not always the case. It kinda magically moves around."

"With the heart of the west?" Percy asked. I gave a nod. 

"Hey, Punk! I've been looking for you everywhere!" Ares's nasty voice came from behind us. I turned around, looking at the warmonger. "And who's this?" 

"No one you know," I beat the kids to the answer. "Now get lost before you anger your daddy. Interfering with demigods' quests? Tsk-tsk-tsk. Your parents raised you better."

His face turned several shades of purple. I was worried that he would spontaneously combust where he stood. 

Ares was smarter than most people gave him credit for. He turned towards Percy, trying to rile up the kid. "I know something that could really help with your quest. Or should I say, your personal quest? What if I told you that I know what happened to your mom."

Before Percy could open his big mouth, I held my hand in front of his face, shushing the blabbermouth. "He's trying to get a verbal response out of you. If you engage, he can verbally bind you to an agreement. Same if he makes you mad enough and you challenge him. He can't do shit right now. So ignore him and walk away."