Chapter 1

You wake up in the morning to the sound of trucks driving in and out of a drive way with men hauling stuff in. "Abigail! Get down here now!" Your mum calls. Tears threaten to fall as you remember the previous day.

(Flashback)
"Abigail?" Your best friend Alice yells as you walk up the front gates into school. "There's something I need to tell you." "Yeah, what?" Alice takes a deep breath. "I'm moving to New York" she says so fast you hardly even hear her. "What?" Alice looks really worried and you start to feel sad. "I'm moving to New York." She inhales and stares at you. As soon as you hear those words you are heartbroken, and feel three mixed emotions, anger, sadness and shock. "What!? Why!?" Alice makes sure no-one is around. "My mum got a new job" she whispers. You feel like crying. "Wha-what's wrong with Florida? And her old job?" You would know. She was a model. Alice starts to open her mouth but the bells ring and you rush to class.
(Flashback ends)

"What mum?" "Abigail I need you to wash the dishes." You walk over to the sink where your mum has already filled up the sink and piled up the dishes. You clean the dishes then go upstairs to get dressed but as soon as you get into your room you remember it's summer holidays. You ring your best friend Saskia, only to hang up halfway through the ringing. She was in Alaska for the holidays. Then you remember Summer. You ring her and ask if she wants to come over for a sleepover. She says yes but she has to ask her mum first. You have to ask yours anyway. You rush down the stairs and ask your mum if Summer can come over for a sleepover. She says yes and you squeal. You ring Summer again and she tells you she can come over right now. You hang up and get changed. You wear a blue top with a black cat on it, jeans and pink converses with yellow laces. You hear the doorbell ring and run to open the door, but your older brother, Sam, got there first. Summer walked in with a present in her hand. You almost forgot! It's your birthday today. You were turning 15 and Sam, who's birthday is on the same day was turning 20. Saskia and Alice had always had a crush on Sam, but you and Summer think it's gross to have a crush on your best friends older brother who was 5 years older than you. You rip open the wrapping on the present and find your favourite movie you've been begging to get on DVD TMNT. Summer follows you upstairs and unpacks while you put your new movie into the DVD player and go make some popcorn. You get back just as Summer presses play and you enjoy the popcorn. By the end of the movie all the popcorn was gone including the seeds ( which is Summer's favourite part of the popcorn even though you and your other friends think it's weird.) Then you and Summer stayed up til midnight talking and finally went to bed.