The stars are a "vibe" as she'd say (agent 96)

(An agent 96 oneshot about agent 8 being unable to sleep so she decides to head to her girlfriend's and best friend's place instead)

(Chat room names:
4Leaf_Octo = Agent 8 (lucky)
Turfmaster420 = Agent 4 (Maya)
DJ-Sango = Agent 3 (Ashley)

Sometimes Agent 8 couldn't sleep.

It was for a number of reasons. Sometimes she was thinking of things from down in the metro. Sometimes she was just thinking of things in general. Sometimes, no matter how hard she tried, no matter how tired, she just couldn't sleep and there was no reason that her mind could come up with.

Tonight seemed to be one of those nights. The octoling lay on her side in her bed, blankets sprawled out around her, gazing out the glass doors leading to the balcony outside through long scarlet tentacles that hung in front of her face. Eight sighed, brushing her tentacles away with her hand and glancing at the alarm clock on the table next to her bed. The faded neon red letters read "4:03 AM."

Pushing herself up, Eight grabbed her phone which was lying next to the alarm clock, stumbling her way through the dark to her dresser. Pulling out a pair of fuzzy socks with little cat paws on them (a gift from Marina) and slipping them on, she made her way to the glass doors, pushing them open with one hand and walking onto the balcony.

She used to hate how big Off the Hook's mansion was. She didn't know why, just something about it felt overwhelming after everything underground when she was first settling into the surface. But now, it just felt like home. She was glad the room the duo had settled on for her was so high up, allowing a good view of the lights of the city and the stars in the sky. Down in the metro, Eight had been the most excited for the sun out of everything promised to her. There was the bright sky and the fluffy clouds, and while sure it had been a welcome change compared to the dark coldness down below, no one had ever told her how wonderful the stars would be. It was something she could have never prepared herself for, and it was still something that left her staring in awe at night, eyes full of wonder. Maybe that was another reason she couldn't sleep. Something about them called to her.

Entering her phone password Eight opened the messaging app she'd frequently use, scrolling down to the chat room that was just for her, her girlfriend Agent 3, and her best friend Agent 4. Next to their usernames on the side was a little green dot signifying that they were both online. Which was expected. If one was up, it was most common they all were up. Each agent had their own reasons for being unable to let sleep overcome them. It was comforting to know they were always in it together though.

■Webmaster■ > 4Leaf_Octo has joined the chatroom.

4Leaf_Octo > I see you two are up lol

There was an immediate reply

TurfMaster420 > !!!Hi Lucky!

DJ-Sango > hey lucky

4Leaf_Octo > how come both of you guys were on, don't you live together now or smthn?

DJ-Sango > Four was sending me memes

4Leaf_Octo > ooo what kind?

TurfMaster420 > Minecraft

4Leaf_Octo > oh, ofc lmao

4Leaf_Octo > not surprised

It was good to know her friends seemed to be doing good. Well, seemed. Hard to tell over text.

4Leaf_Octo > how come you too are up?

4Leaf_Octo > *two

TurfMaster420 > stuff. Can't sleep. Made it Three's problem