Chapter 7~Little Sailor

{Ed's POV}

I wake up to Sam's head resting on my chest, his chest slowly rising and falling. I don't move because I don't want to wake him, but also because it's actually nice. The sun is shining through the windows, and eventually Sam wakes up. "Hey sleepy head," I say as he lifts his head. He flutters his eyes a little and says in his groggy voice, "hey, sorry for maybe crushing your chest. I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." I chuckle a little. "Sam, you're fine, I was very comfy and could sleep like that all day"

He gets up, trudging into the bathroom to get ready for the day. I also get up, and start our breakfast. By the time I'm done cooking out favourite, eggs, bacon, toast, and cinnamon rolls, Sam come out freshly washed and back into his pajamas. When he sees the big breakfast, his eyes widen and his jaw drops.
"Oh my gosh Ed, you didn't have to make all of this. I would've been fine with cereal." I grab plates and reply, "don't worry; if I wasn't in the mood for this, we could have been eating cereal!" We both start laughing, as I continue to set the table. Sam sneaks up behind me and grabs some glasses and silverware. We sit down, diving into the feat I made. Silence hangs as we stuff our faces with food. Out of the blue Sam asks, " Hey Ed. I just wanted to say I love you"

A/N: Sam says that in a friendly way, or at least that's what he wants Ed to think;);););) But both of them are throwing around their feelings for each other!

I blush at his compliment. Some part of me wanted to say I love you too, but with meaning, but the other part thought I would be crazy for saying that to my best friend. So I giggle and say, "I love you too Sam"

I just love my friendship with Sam. We can say I love you, without it being awkward, or unusual. He's probably the one person I couldn't live without...I just have so much history with him.

We both get dressed, and decide to head out to the studio. Sam recently has gotten another manager, and he's working on a song. I just hope this one works out. See, Sam has had 5 other managers, all promising that he would make it big in the world, but all failing that promise. When it comes to Sam and his music, he can't help but get sad and frustrated. He's been working so hard to make it in the music industry. It hurts me to watch him go through this, and being able to do absolutely nothing to help him. When I pull into the parking lot, Sam drops his head and shakes it. I put my hand on his back. "Don't worry Sam, today is a new day. A new day for writing and singing," I reassure him. He doesn't say anything, just nods his head. When we walk into the studio, Sam gets right to work. I haven't been here for a while, but I know Sam's been working on a new song. I take a seat, and Sam gets set up. The music starts, a slow beat with mainly piano.

Can I try for something far, from the eye?
Can I speak without you, taming my mind?
Industry could take the best of me,
This industry could swallow, all of me

Hold on little sailor, it will be alright
I know you'll be braver, best behavior tonight
We got so close to the fame and the lights
Watching the stars tonight
Little sailor let's sail tonight.

Just hearing those lyrics made tears spill out of my eyes. Even Sam seems to be getting tears in his eyes, but he doesn't let them out.

Can I live inside a bubble we call home?
Willing to do anything if I write a hit song
& I'll ride this tide I'll put some makeup on
& It'll shock the crowd cause it will sell my song

Hold on little sailor it will be alright
I know you'll be braver, best behavior tonight
We got so close to the fame and the lights
Watching the stars tonight
Little sailor lets sail tonight.

6 different managers, all filled with good intent
They promised me the world I ain't seen nothing yet
Work hard to stay alive, work hard to pay the rent
I still need my mom & dad they must be heaven sent

Hold on little sailor it will be alright
I know you'll be braver, best behavior tonight
We got so close to the fame and the lights,
Watching the stars tonight
Little sailor lefts sail.....tonight.

When the song ended, I'm just in a pile of tears. I know exactly what that song means to him and it's just heart-breaking. Sam comes out of the recording room and I grab his shirt to pull him into a bear hug. He relaxes in seconds, burying his head in my shoulder. He may be taller than I am, but that doesn't stop me from being the shoulder he can cry on. He steps back, a couple tears stained to his face. He chuckles and grabs my hand. "Let's get out of here before I start to ball like a baby." We finish up with his manager, Sam agreeing to come back in the studio to work in more songs, and writing down his next gigs his manager had booked him.

Before I start the car, I turn to him. "Sam, why didn't you tell me about the song?" He ponders my question before responding. "Because I couldn't look you in the eye and tell you I was writing something that is so sad, and see you get emotional from seeing me torn to pieces. I just couldn't do that. At least not to you." I grab his hand and squeeze it. I drop him off at his house, and drive back to mine.

Oh. My. Fucking. God. Sam is going to be the reason you turn gay one of these days.
I think to myself with a chuckle.