Chapter 4

"Corporal, search there, I'll search in the opposite way." Erwin said and made his way, peeking into every building that seemed possible for [Your name] to be in. Levi did the same. And the more they did, the more they saw that most of the deaths' were in the ones near the gate, like most of the people here were fighting with their lives, just so the place itself wouldn't be destroyed. As if they knew that someday someone may come here and it may be as of use.

The more they searched, the more it seemed that maybe [Your name] wasn't anywhere. It was around noon when finally, Levi spotted her in a normal looking house, just a few feet away from him. He looked around and saw not a sign of Erwin. He went to ask himself.

...

Levi came nearer and saw no sign of the hounds Hunter and Legion anywhere. Good. He reached the ground, gracefully and silently, not too near to her, and not to far. But too near to know she was crying.

He heard it loud and clear, and he tried not to make a reaction--even a single noise. Levi looked around the room and confirmed. Thi is her home. At least, used to be. On walls and tables were pictures of her and her family--even friends But like the entire place, no one was here. It was just an empty house full of memories, but no soul was in there except for him and her.

[Your name] was saying something, though it took some moments for Levi to make out what she was saying. I'm sorry. 'But sorry for what?' Levi asked, though only to himself so she wouldn't hear him [Your name would hate him if she saw him here and saw her crying. It seems the more they find something, the more it seems like a whole mystery.

A mice passed Levi's feet by surprise, and he accidentally knocked over a vase. Before Levi had time to react, [Your name] faced towards him, and her eyes widened. Immediately, she wiped her tears and ran. When Levi got to his footing, ran up to her to catch her.

"Hey, stop!" Levi growled, and caught her arm. He sighed. "Geez, can you just--"

"Let go of me." [Your name] hissed, which caught Levi by surprised. She was looking the other way, trying not to look at him; unlike when she always looks at everyone is the eyes, like she swears she is telling the truth. She was squirming to get Levi's tight grip off her and failing miserably. He could tell she couldn't concentrate by the way her hand always slips. But it was still hard to keep her in lock when she tries to kick him.

Levi pushed her to the walls, and kept her legs on lock she couldn't move, she just squirmed even more. "Listen, if you just cooperate I'll let you go as soon as I can." he said is a calm and hushed tone. "Alright?"

Her moving stopped, and she looked him in the eyes with the 'what do you want' look.

Levi took in a deep breath. There was a chance she wouldn't want to say, but he had to try, right? "We just want answers."

'There's a library that I told your Squad Leader what seemed days ago." she replied, her eyes telling him 'are you stupid or what', which only seemed to annoy him.

"I have no time sitting around and reading books." Levi answered, sounding stubborn with his head high (figure of speech again: he was looking down at you).

"Then find the time." She spat back at him. "If you are what they said 'huimanity's strongest', then they forgot to put 'humanity's laziest'. Tell me, are you also humanity's... stupidest?" She smirked when she saw the outrage in his eyes. He sure knew how to keep himself composed. Most people would get a knife, since they would have power over her, or maybe... give her a 'punishment'.

"Isn't there one time when you could just go straight to the point?" Levi snapped at her.

"Tch. Fine. Just let me go." She sighed, and Levi did so. "Geez, you know you're no fun."

"To the point." he reminded, not letting anythin get to him. He looked at the sky. It was nearly dusk. The sun was goin to set soon. Who knew it took so long for a search? Well, most likel his comrades in the Survey Corp found some answers by now.

[Your name] took a breath. Yeah, he wasn't going to let this down. Now or never, huh? "Well, it--"

"Titans are headed to this place!" the voice of Connie disturbed her, annoying Levi. How many times have he thought he would finally get the answer and it got so far? Not so many, but it was annoying. Connie didn't find them, he was simply going around the place screaming 'Titan'. Probably at somebody's command--Erwin, maybe?

[Your name] smiled. "Seems we have a visitor, eh?" She asked Levi, and escaped his grip. "Better join them before things go out of hand, and they just start sacrificing for nothing!" Then she left the house.

"Tch." Levi sighed, and gripped his fist. So close, yet so far. He's starting to hate titan more than he thought. "Well, this is what you get for being Corporal Levi." He muttered to himself. "You just hav to go on a life like this. You just have to get used to it."

"Hey, Sir Speaks-A-Lot, stop talking to yourself and come on." she teased from the door. "It will take about 10 minutes using the shortcut. We just have to pass the--"

"We don't need to run." Levi said, walking up to her.

She blinked. "What?"

"Hold on." Was all Levi said, and grabbed her. In an instant, they were on air, and Levi was really enjoying the sounds of her scream. 'Now, this is what you get for trying to insult me.'he thought, a smirk reaching his face. He hasn't really felt this small bit of his playful side. The revenge taking kind. But he ignored it. Oh, well.