EPISODE 1: Part 2

Raikou impatiently tapped on the floor with his foot while staring at the digital clock hanging on the wall. He had been sitting outside of the principal's office for almost 30 minutes now.

Usually he would just let time fly by running his pen on his sketchbook, but at this moment he was not in the right mood for that. Especially with all the aching he was starting to feel on his body.

Another pair of parents exited the office, with a patched up Trent between them. While Trent nervously averted his gaze, both of his parents gave Raikou a glare of disgust as they walked by him.

"I hope they expel you for this," the father spat out to him.

Like with the other parents, Raikou just replied with a friendly smile and a casual salute with two fingers.

However, his smile immediately disappeared when he saw none other than Tokine walking down the hallway. Both she and Trent's parents exchanged cold glares as they passed one another.

As Raikou had expected, she didn't bother to dress formally, instead showing up in her oil-stained t-shirt and pants with her black leather jacket.

"Do you have any idea how loud your mother was on the phone?" she said while still walking towards him.

Raikou gulped while rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, uh, guess I should be lucky that you're here instead, eh?" Raikou chuckled nervously, which caused a twitch in Tokine's eye.

XXX

Now seated in front of Principal Gruwell and his desk. Raikou continued to massage the throbbing lump on the top of his head, courtesy of Tokine's hard set of knuckles. Tokine chose to stand behind him instead of taking a seat, so that she may loom over him like a terrifying dragon.

"So the five of them all said that he came up to them with that thing in hand and started beating them up?" Tokine raised her eyebrow, looking at the retractable baton that the principal had placed on his desk.

She then gave the portly gentleman a frown. "And someone as clever as you, believed them?"

Gruwell shook his head and scoffed. "Of course not. Those boys have a long history of disciplinary problems. The only reason we couldn't expel them is because their families are one of our biggest benefactors."

"Tch, typical humans," Tokine mumbled under her breath, loud enough for Raikou to hear but not Principal Gruwell.

"I would like to hear Raikou's side of the story. I'm sure your son can bring a better light to this incident,"

"Yes, Kou-chan," Tokine folded her arms, and Raikou felt the aura behind him growing in intensity. "Explain yourself."

"Well, I," Raikou chuckled nervously, before finally regaining his composure to speak in clear words. "They came up to the rooftop interrupted my afternoon break, and they called this thing a dragon!"

Raikou pulled out his sketchbook and showed the principal the page that had been stepped on by Trent.

"I beg your pardon?" Gruwell's eyes widened in confusion.

"Come on! Like this is obviously a flying wyvern! A flying wyvern has two hind legs and wings instead of forearms, while a dragon has four legs and...."

Raikou was interrupted when Tokine's knuckle landed on the back of his head. "Shut up! The old windbag doesn't want to hear any of your trivia, nerd!"

"Old?" Principal Gruwell slumped to his chair, wanting to tell the boy's stepmother that he was only 38 years old. But before he could interject, there was a knock on the door. Both Raikou and Tokine also ceased further arguing.