Chapter 22 - Turning Point

I opened my eyes to find myself in a place filled with light surrounded me

I opened my eyes to find myself in a place filled with light surrounded me. I blinked looking around. The light, if I have to explain, didn't belong to any electrical bulbs; surely electrical bulbs couldn't shine this bright. It was something else.

I looked down at myself, expecting to see laying or so, covered in blood but I was taken aback. I was standing on my bare feet, I didn't even realize that, and my both hands were in the air on my each sides as if they had been held by someone. I looked at them with my surprise filled eyes and then my attention turned to my dress; there was no single trace of blood and I wasn't even in my t-shirt and jeans that I had worn when I got shot, instead, I was wearing a full sleeve loose greyish blue shirt and baby pink pajama pants.

But how come...

I reached out my hand to my right shoulder back, where I had got shot with the bullets, but the wound... it wasn't there. My lips parted as I couldn't find it, too confused at what's happening, or what has happened.

“You won't find it here, my dear.”

A familiar male voice rang behind me; it wasn't startling, but gentle and soothing. It didn't belong to my dad, definitely not my brother and never Benjamin –I was guessing it upon being called my dear– but it was the voice I didn't need much time to recognize. A voice I've only heard once but couldn't forget; it was the voice that calmed the storm inside me once.

I gasped and slowly turned back, and all I could see was no person, but a bright light approaching the spot where I was standing. Soon I got goosebumps all over my body and overwhelmed, I fell down on my knees, bending my head down to the floor, bowing to my savior who rewrote my destiny.

It was Jesus.

And that means... I'm in paradise.

Wait, so I did really die?

Even with my head bend low to the floor –that was made was gold– and my eyes closed, I could still see or feel His light approaching me. My heart was pounding inside in happiness to be in the presence of my savior for the first time ever like this.

I felt a gentle touch in my previously-wounded shoulder, followed by Jesus' voice, “Rise up, my dear child.” He said, his voice filled with that much of love, which made me wanting to burst into tears at the very moment.

I straightened myself, still on my knees, and glanced up to look at Jesus. The bright light of glory Jesus was covered in was no longer in my sight; I could see His appearance as same as it is written by apostle John in the book of Revelation, but His face, was still blended in glory that I couldn't see or dare to look. There were many reasons I couldn't look at Jesus on His face even if I ever could, because I know for myself more than anyone that, I haven't been a good child lately, and it made me feel unspeakably guilty, making me shift my gaze down to my lap.

“Jesus, I–”

“I know, dear, I know.” Jesus cut off my words gently and knowingly, sending a special warmth to my heart. “I know you have a lot to say, so do I. I know you have a lot to ask and I'm here to answer you. Let us find a place to sit down and talk.”