One. - Natalia

(Photo is Natalia.)

______________________________________________________________

   Waking precisely ten minutes before her alarm, Natalia Parker rose from the bed, stretching her thin, short body in all directions. "Hey, Muffin." She runs her black-colored nails through the fluffy white poof of a cat. The three year old, fat feline copies her owner, extending her front paws, her back arching down.

    Natalia rampaged through her closet, her clothes getting tossed all about. Finally, she pulled out a button-down pink plaid shirt, pairing it with a black skirt. Slipping into lacey boyshorts, black, Natalia entered her attached bathroom to brush her teeth while stepping into the skirt. All dressed, Natalia picked her bag up and exited the bedroom.

    The kitchen smelled of waffles and strawberries, the family-her mother and father-settled at the table. Her mother gives her a warm smile before returning her undivided attention to her husband, Marcus, discussing the companies new installments.

    "Carmen, I really believe I'm looking at another promotion after just a year." He cuts the waffle, dipping it into the warm syrup. Lifting the fork, the syrup drizzles off slowly, coating the strawberries. "The office is bigger, and with the way the boss man has been speaking. It's just gotta be me."

    "That's wonderful, honey," Carmen grins with delight. She wouldn't be lying if she said that they could use a little bit more money to fix up the house. "What's are first project going to be?" She jokes, knowing that he wants to build a porch in the back yard. A porch leading off the house to the inground pool deck.

    Natalia came up behind her father, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and leaning close. "Morning, dad," She places a kiss on his cheek, ruffling his hair playfully, just like he did when she was just a little one. He shakes his head, laughing at his daughter, remarking that he's lucky he hadn't taken care of his hair yet. "I'm going to head off to school early, so whenever you're ready." Natalia directs the statement to her mother.

    Wrinkling her nose as her parents kiss in front of her, her mother leaving the kitchen to get the car keys, Natalia heads to the fridge, pulling out a water bottle and cup of yogurt. "Could you guys not kiss in front of me, it's like so gross." She laughs as her dad make a face. "Don't worry, dad, I haven't gone Valley on you." Smirking as she ruffles his hair again, leaving the kitchen, she grabs a spoon off the counter.

    Upon exiting the house, she is surrounded by the sweet smell of roses. Along the front of the house, red rose bushes rise to just below the window sill. Heading over to the tree swing, she sits down upon the wooden plank, opening the cup of blueberry yogurt. Devouring half the cup, she watches the birds flutter by, chasing after each other with little chirps. Getting lost in the blue of the sky, she tilts her head back. The only noise that brings her out of la-la-land is the honking of her mother's car. Jumping off the swing, she swipes her bag up and scurries over to the car.

              *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * 

Having slept over at Cassis's house, Aria waits in the kitchen of her mansion, drinking coffee. Cassis' little sister, Hailey, is eating ketchup on toast over a sophmore-level textbook, even though she's only fourteen. Her chameleon, William, sits on her shoulder.

Cassis finally comes down, her perfect, golden twirls dripping slightly, having just come out of the shower. Somehow, they always manage to sit just right. The blonde makes a face at her sister's breakfast, and pulls out a yogurt container for herself. When she's not paying attention, looking into her breakfast, Aria pulls her in close for a kiss.