21: Sacrifice

Kazemaru tripped over something. He fell to the ground. The others did not notice. They continued walking until they disappeared into darkness. Kazemaru stood up. He saw a light coming towards him. The light stopped inches away from his nose. After closer inspection, Kazemaru noticed it was actually a fairy. The fairy smiled.
"Thank you for remembering those souls." She said. Her voice was high pitched and melodious. She was wearing a little red dress and had blonde hair which was in a single braid.
"What are you talking about?" Kazemaru asked. The fairy smiled.
"The three Soras who gave up their lives. You remembered them. And you blame it on yourself." She replied. Kazemaru looked at her, shocked. He was silent for a while. Finally he replied, his voice barely audible.
"It's all my fault though... If I was better at the game this would not have happened." He paused. "If I can't protect innocent people, how will I be able to protect my friends? How will I protect those important to me?" A single tear escaped from Kazemaru's eye. He wiped it away. The fairy listened to this. After a moment she replied.
"Cry." She said. "Cry. You need to let your feelings out. Once you are able to show your emotions, only then can you do something. Remember your fallen comrades. Remember the pain. Burn the scene into your memory. Turn it into your strength. Honour them and live on!" The fairy smiled. Not a cheerful smile, but a serious smile. Kazemaru rubbed his eye. The fairy had told him something important. He outstretched his hand. The fairy landed on it. She was as light as a feather. Her little red shoes tickled Kazemaru's hand.
"I'm Kazemaru." He said. The fairy smiled.
"Nice to meet you Mr Kazemaru, I am Risa." The fairy sat on Kazemaru's hand. Another light flew towards Kazemaru. It stopped above his hand. The light slowly disappeared. Another fairy appeared. This one had black hair which covered her right eye. She was wearing a blue top and blue skinny jeans. She landed on Kazemaru's hand. Her trainers were rough.
"My my. I didn't think you were this type of person Risa."
"What do you mean Yuki?" Yuki flew towards Risa.
"Picking up girls." Yuki bluntly said. Risa looked shocked. Yuki looked up at Kazemaru. "Well ain't she a beauty! Where'd you find her?"
"Excuse me Yuki, but I am a boy." Kazemaru said. Yuki shook her head.
"I hope you haven't forgotten that this court runs on proof!" Kazemaru sighed. He lifted up his shirt. Risa fainted. Yuki studied him carefully.
"Is that enough proof?" Kazemaru asked. Yuki nodded.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Kazemaru." She said. Two more lights appeared. They quickly disappeared revealing two male fairies. One dressed in blue and one in red. The red one lifted Risa.
"Risa. Talk to me damn it!" He shouted.
"Raphael..." Risa whispered.
"Takehiko do you have the medication?" Takehiko nodded. He handed something to Raphael. Raphael fed it to Risa. Risa coughed a bit. She opened her eyes and sat up. Yuki looked at her concerned but quickly changed her expression.
"You're so weak to be knocked out by that." She said. Takehiko stared at her.
"Yuki." He said.
"Oh shut up Bamboo Prince." Takehiko winced. Yuki ignored him and flew towards Risa. She handed her a little bottle. Risa drank the contents and returned the bottle. Kazemaru watched the four fairies. Takehiko had turned to stone. Risa was trying to stand up and Raphael was supporting her. Yuki had her headphones on.

A few minutes later another light appeared. This one was considerably larger than the four before. It stopped and slowly disappeared. A fairy was standing there. She looked displeased. Takehiko, Raphael and Risa immediately bowed. The fairy lifted her hand. They all stood up again. She then turned to Yuki.
"Why did you not bow?" She asked. Yuki took her headphones off.
"I don't want to." She replied. The two fairies stared at each other. "Besides Kin, you're younger than me." The gold fairy frowned.
"Yuki-nee-chan..." Kin whispered dropping her tough facade.
"What is it now Kin?" Kin shook her head.
"Then why am I the future Queen?" She wept. "I do t want to be Queen!"
"That's because..." Yuki started but she looked away.
"Enough of this. Kin-sama, you must be Queen. It is for the future of our country!" Takehiko said interrupting the conversation.