Forget Me

Dez's POV:

I think I'm still in shock. I feel absolutely exhausted. I didn't sleep all night. It was difficult to sleep in a chair in a noisy waiting room. Besides, I didn't want to sleep, just in case there was an update on Trish. The last I heard she is still unconscious because of the pain killers.

I feel so awful. I feel sick. But I'm not sick, Trish is. She's very, very, very sick. The future isn't looking too hopeful at the moment. My eyelids droop as my body begs to fall asleep. But I refuse. This is not about me. This is about Trish.

After a few more tiring hours, the sun starts rising outside of the small waiting room window. The automatic doors click, signalling they've been unlocked for the day. Immediately Austin, Ally and Trish's parent rush in towards me.
" We've been waiting outside for hours" Ally gasps
I just nod and they understand. There's no news. Neither good or bad.

I get up to take a walk. I walk along slowly until I reach a bathroom. I turn on the tap full blast, and splash water all over my face. I slam my hands onto the sink and stare at myself in the mirror. I start sobbing uncontrollably. I physically do not know what to do. There is nothing I can do. Absolutely nothing. I can't help her. This is out of my control.

This thought makes me so mad. My hand forms a fist and I forcefully slam it against the mirror. The glass cracks slightly. Collapsing into a crumpled heap on the floor, I continue crying hysterically until a blurry figure enters the bathroom. They step over me and turn off the tap. They grasp my shoulders firmly and lift me up, supporting me against the fall. My best mate in the whole world sits beside me in silence. I lean my head against his shoulder, knowing he won't mind.
He doesn't try to comfort me by telling me everything will be fine. Because Austin doesn't lie. Instead he just sits beside me in silence, apart from my crying and him occasionally sniffling. When I calm down he helps me up and we walk back to the waiting room to get some ice for my bruised hand.

Ally's POV:

Just after Austin leaves to chase Dez, a nurse approaches us and asks if we are here for Trish. We nod and she says she has news for us. I gulp.

Austin's POV:

I've never seen Dez like this. I can't imagine the pain he's going through right now. His girlfriend has a brain tumour. She could possibly die or loose her memory and forget him.

As soon as we near the waiting room, Ally launches herself at us in tears.
" They're prepping her for immediate surgery."
I embrace my girlfriend tightly, resting my chin on her shoulder. I see Dez looking partly relieved but partly terrified.

Dez's POV:

I watch through the window as one by one the others talk to Trish. First Austin then Ally, followed by her father and mother. I wait until last. Mrs De La Rosa exits the room, my signal to enter.
" Hey sleeping beauty" I say quietly while sitting on the edge of her bed, gently stroking her hair.
" Hey doofus" she grins weakly.
I chuckle softly, " how are you feeling?"
"Nervous" she says
I nod. So am I.
"Dez," she says in a nervous tone, "what if I don't make it? What if I forget you?"
I sigh. I knew this would come up, yet I still feel unprepared.
" Trish you don't know what's going to happen."
" Yeah but what if I-"
I cut her off by pressing my lips onto hers. Tears roll down our faces. Trish is trembling as she pulls away.
" Dez?"
"Mmm?"
" Can you promise me something?"
" Anything my love."
" If I wake up-"
" When you wake up." I correct her.
" If I forget you. Can you promise me you'll move on. If I forget you, you have to try to forget me."
" Impossible. I won't ever be able to forget you."
" Well than promise me you'll try, delete all my contacts, don't try to reach me, stay.. Stay away from me."
She sobs and I hold her shaking hand.

"I love you Trish."
I reach into my pocket and pull out a gold heart shaped locket. She opens it, revealing its contents. On one side is a photo of us together. The other side is a blank piece of paper. Well not really, I hid something behind it, she'll find it eventually. When she needs it most.
" If I promise to try to forget, you have to promise to always wear this." I tell her. She nods and wipes away a tear.
I slip the gold chain around her neck.
Pulling me into a tight hug she whispers, " I love you too Dez."

A nurse enters the room. It's time. I hold her hand as the bed gets wheeled along the hallway. I hold it tightly. Right up until we reach a set of doors, which I'm guessing lead to the operation room. I kiss her one last time.
" I love you Trish. I always will no matter what." I say before letting go of her. The last I see of her is when she looks back at me, tears rolling down her pale face. " I LOVE YOU DEZ! NO NO DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE HIM! NO!I LOVE YOU!" She screams. As the doors swing closed, I break down.

__________________________
2 days later
__________________________
Dez's POV:

I watch and wait nervously as Trish stirs. After a while her eyes flutter open.
" Trish!" I shout leaping towards her.
She looks at me confused.
" Who are you?" She asks.
My heart shatters into a million pieces.
I only have one choice. To keep my promise and leave. To move on. To forget.

Please don't hate on me for such a cliffhanger finale! The sequel is in progress and I promise that chapter 1 will be up soon. Let me know what you think/feel etc etc etc. Thanks for you support throughout this entire story. Please keep it up for the sequel, it'd be greatly appreciated! By the way, if you leave a comment, seeing it's the last chapterI'm going to reply to you all (even though I usually try and do that anyways). Thanks heaps. Xx