Chapter 2 [Real]

---------------------

Mott later went over to the labs to say hello and introduce himself. 

"Hello, I'm in charge of night patrol. I wanted to introduce myself before the others."

"Hello, I'm the manager of Labs 3, 4, 5."

"That is a lot to look over."

"It's fine."

"Well, My name is Mott Charles."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Charles."

"Call me Mott."

"That's an interesting name, you have."

"I have no idea if it was a typo no one fixed or what, but I stuck with it."

"Ha ha, you are a funny man."

"Not really, but, well, I have to go now. I have done what I wanted. Oh! Here is the list of names for my group. If there are any questions, you have, let me know!"

"Same to you, Mott. Good bye!"

"Bye now."

Mott shook hands with the manager and left the lab.

----------------

Later that night...

-----------

Red leader walked down the hall in a casual version of his uniform. He lacked his jacket and his tie. He couldn't sleep, so he decided a night walk would be good and to check on his new night patrol.

He noticed right a way, a bright light and the body of someone walking. He studied them and saw that they had his uniform on. They didn't seem to notice him and that irritated him.

"Have I taught them nothing?", he thought.

He marched up to the soldier and got their attention.

"Excuse me, soldier. I would like to know what you think your doing?"

They turn, startled. That irritated him further. 

"R-Red leader, sir! What are you doing here? Uh-"

The soldier then saluted him quickly. He sighed and saluted back.

"Soldier, I'm sure you are new -dxmn Paul-wait this is my fault- shxt- ANYWAY! However, it is basic training to be sure of your surroundings. Blah blah blah-"

The blond haired soldier tuned his lecture out for a moment out of boredom. Red Leader hadn't noticed for he was too caught up in his speech. That is, until he opened his eyes to look at his soldier and noticed they had the strangest pair of eyes.

Two large, black orbs stared at him, when he noticed he was being looked at. He stared at him for a full minute to realize what he was looking at.

Soon enough, he exclaimed, "What the fxck is wrong with your eyes???"

Hurt filled the unnamed soldiers eyes and he lowered his head.

"N-nothing! I have normal eyes!"

"But it's like looking at hole in the ground! Where you born that way? Are you an experiment? How long have you looked like that?"

"I look like everyone else, sir! If that is all, then my shift is over! Please excuse me."

The soldier ran off and Red Leader watched him leave. He frowned and lower his head.

"I was just curious....I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..."

-----------------

The next morning, Red leader called in Patrick.

"Yes sir?"

"It seems I will need to attend sensitivity training."

"What? I don't understand, sir."

"Last night, I met one of our night patrolling soldiers, seems I have hurt his feelings by asking questions."

"Questions about what?"

"His eyes weren't norm- I mean... uh??? Not the usual kind you would see on a daily basis???"

"Okay....do you want me to empty part of your schedule for it?"

"Yes."

"Anything else?"

"That is all. You may go and look for a permanent secretary."

"Yes, sir!"

Captain Patrick salutes Red Leader before leaving the office. Red leader leaned back with a sigh. He was still curious about the soldiers eyes and decided to look into the files later to get his name. If he wants to apologize, he needs to know how to find the poor man.

--------------

Bye!!!