A New Chapter

Will traveled in his orb size to one of the few weapon stores available in Vale, bearing the name of Steel Hearts. While he had only given the store a small glance, it was different from the rest as all the weapons were self made or custom created by the store's owner, who happened to be a blacksmith. The weapons were pretty to look at, even as someone who isn’t that knowledgeable in the weapons department. He didn’t want something over the top that he’d have a hard time using, so something basic or easy to understand was his aim goal. Phasing through was no problem for the boy, however there were cameras put in the corners of the store. Those would definitely give away him taking a weapon, but since normal citizens didn’t see him, he would be fine in theory to wait for his opportune moment.

He hovered around, taking his time to carefully observe each weapon that was put on display. Each one stood out with their varying colors, patterns, designs and more. There were the standard swords, a great sword, a scythe, a double faced axe, and many more. However, what made him curious were them being separated into two sections of the store. The left were regular weapons just designed to look fancy while the ones one the right had custom modifications to have some form of long range firing method incorporated into them, according to the signs anyhow. He was obviously never taught how to fire a weapon, so maybe he should go with a simple weapon, for the time being at least. It’s not as if he himself was in danger, was he? “Huh... I’m a ghost alright but I never actually tested out if anything would either harm me or go straight through me. Ehh, guess I’ll test that out with one of these!”

The one that spoke out to him the most was a saber, standard in appearance but was designed with a golden yellow for the leather handle and black for the steel intertwining around it. It looked sharp and given its size, it seemed it would be perfect for him. Not too heavy to hinder his swings, but not too light either, not that’d it fly out of his hands or anything, you’d be surprised how much grip a ghost actually has on something. “The Light Bearer?” He quizzically looked at the name of the weapon. “This weapon was forged to cut down the darkness of the world and to create a bright path for those around the wielder...Sounds very cheesy, but I like how it looks anyway haha. All I have to do now is, wait.” Wait he indeed did.

It had taken roughly twenty minutes for someone to start approaching the store, giving his cue to grab the saber from its handle. Once the door opened he moved as quickly as he could, shocking the man from seeing a weapon flying straight at him for no reason. He yelped and quickly threw himself to the ground, making Will's escape successful. He did feel guilty for stealing, but he hoped he would be able to make it up to the owner some day, it would only be fair.

“Okay, now that that’s done, I should head on to Beacon. It’ll be a while to fly over there, but it’s my best option right now. I really hope the headmaster is there and is a kind person.” He sighed as he floated towards his new destination, not being able to go as fast as he’d like since he couldn’t shrink while keeping the saber on hand. He didn’t have that kind of power to alter anything he touched. Maybe he could find a way to do so at some point, would make things much easier and convenient.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ozpin was many things, a headmaster, a Huntsman, a protector of the people, a family man in a previous life, but in this night, he was exhausted. Why exhausted? The life of a headmaster is never truly easy, much less one of his position and status. He was monitored every now and then by the council, as every respective headmaster was, having to handle paperwork in preparations for the Vytal Festival that would take place in Vale this time in a few years.

Managing each individual file alongside his assistant Glynda for young people who wish to enroll in his school, looking deep into their overall records, abilities and skills to see if they could be worthy students to help nurture in the right direction of future Huntsmen and Huntresses.