dawn

"....."

"Oya? I didn't expect you to be here."

Soft red locks flew along the soft breeze as scarlet eyes settled upon icy blue ones, his breath hitched.

The crunkling and rustling of leaves can be heard in the distance, surrounding the two and the secluded place they were in, overlooking the sunset-lit winery, creating hues of pink and red, painting the young master's face.

A silent scoff (or perhaps a playful one?), "I could say the same for yourself." A smile.

The captain returned the gesture, making smalls steps towards the other before taking a seat beside him, legs dangling over the high cliff. It felt just like yesterday when the man always had a fear coming to this place, only agreeing in the first place because of its radiance of comfort, not to mention the eye catching view.

It's honestly quite surprising that no other person had come to this place, hence the two claiming it as their spot... or dare I say 'was'?

"...So what brings you here?" Soft-spoken, a mumble loud enough for the bluenette to hear, almost like the other was reluctant to say so.

He shifted, for no particular reason really, "Hmm, I just wanted to?" A smirk, he turns his head toward the other, absently taking in how the sunset really highlights his features, well, he always had been a real eye-catcher, he admits.

Another scoff, although still refusing to look at the other, "Of course."

Silence.

Perhaps it was better this way, the two had always understood each other through actions, the one time they did it the other way around... well, you know how it went.

Still, an attempt was made, who knows? It may had been for the better. The sword wielder had always thought that things got worse in between them, but now... had it been what? 4, 5 years? How time flows by so fast.

A wall, yet to be overcome, rush is no solution to this. Perhaps the best way was to slowly build up, then waiting for the right moment to strike and finally conquer it.

But things shouldn't be left alone for too long, or else it would end up being something they could only wish to have done sooner.

Comforting yet solemn, a masquerader destined for greatness and grandeur... and to hide ugly realities behind a layer of charm and elegance. And a lone guardian keeping watch, longing for the splendor of dawn, yet destined to solitude in the dark days preceding its arrival.