4. dead мan daтιng

October 20th, 1998

October 20th, 1998

"So you're free this Friday right?" Parker asked Clary over the phone as she walked down the stairs, making her way to the kitchen.

"I should be, why?"

"It's Prue's surprise party, remember? I'm telling you this year I think we're actually going to be able to pull it off,"

"Oh shoot right," She let out, "Do you want me to tell Sam?"

"Well, I was actually hoping you could sleep over after, plus you're closer to Prue than Sam is, you're like our fifth sister," Parker chuckled. As she walked into the kitchen the green-eyed girl found Piper rummaging through the drawers, picking up party invitations. "I knew Phoebe would forget about the invitations," She thought to herself.

"Right. Well I'll definitely be there, say hi to everyone for me," Clary said, before ending the call.

"Will do, bye,"

Piper now found herself filling up envelopes with shiny confetti, and putting the cards in. A disappointed look washing over her face.

"Let me guess, Phoebe didn't send out the invites?" Parker questioned.

"Nope, and now we're screwed," Piper replied, as the sound of footsteps are heard entering the kitchen.

"Good morning," Phoebe said, "What are you doing? Prue's coming down, put those away," She tried to cover up the evidence of the invitations.

"Phoebe you were supposed to send the invitations last week, the party is Friday,"

"And we're right on schedule. The restaurants reserved, the menu's selected, the cake has been ordered,"

"That's because Piper and I did all those things," Parker exclaimed.

"At least tell me you've managed to buy Prue something other than your traditional birthday gift," Piper asked.

"What's my traditional gift?"

"A card, three days late," Parker chimed in. "I'm sorry to say this Phoebs but birthdays aren't really your forte,"

"Hey! Well I'll have you know that I've decided to break that tradition and start a new one. And I don't see you flaunting your gift for her around," She retorted.

"I bought her a purse, for your information, a very nice purse. But you actually bought Prue a gift?"

"Mm,"