recover .27

deena slowly opened her eyes to see sam, sitting beside her on a chair. "sam." she said, faintly.

the sound of deena's voice made sam look up at her. a smile formed on sam's face once she saw that deena had woken up. "hey.. you okay..?"

deena's smile turned into a glare.

"sorry.. that was a stupid question." sam said with a sigh. "are you feeling better?"

"samantha, you asked the same question with different words." deena said with a chuckle.

"oh." sam said, chuckling awkwardly. "my bad."

"you really are a dumbass, huh?" deena joked, signalling for sam to lay beside her.

sam playfully rolled her eyes and laid beside her as her face faced deena's. "i'm blonde, what can i say?"

deena smiled, looking at sam.

"i really hope you can recover soon." sam said in an upset tone of voice. "sometimes i just.. i think this is my fault. like.. i stressed you out.. like i did something that caused this.."

deena gave sam a sad smile. "sam.. if anything, you made me happy. you made me the happiest person in the world."

sam shrugged, slowly shaking her head. "i ruined your life, deena. i made your life a living hell."

"no, you didn't. well, i know we had our ups and downs when were and weren't dating but.. you changed.. and that's another thing i love about you.." deena said. "you're a good person, sam."

"i'm really n-"

"samantha."

sam widened her eyes and quickly nodded her head. "yes, i'm a good person."

"i love you, dumbass."

"i love you too."

deena smiled and looked at the promise ring sam gave her. "i'll always keep this."

"promise me?"

"how could i ever break that promise." deena said, taking out the ring. "this looks very expensive."

"oh trust me, i had to save a lot of money to get you that."

"hey, i'm thinking of putting it back in the box do you mind getting it for me?" deena asked the blonde girl.

"oh! of course, love." sam said, going to the other room where her bag was and grabbed the small ring box.

sam took a deep breath once she heard a metal clang hit the ground.

sam's breathing quickened once she saw deena. the box sam was holding fell down the ground.

she looked down to see the ring that deena was holding was on the ground.