voicemail .14

"wait.. what?" deena asked.

"i like you."

"you're not playing with me are you-"

"no.. of course not." sam cut deena off. "i really do. i've always had this feeling every time i was around you and i couldn't figure it out. and now i know what this feeling is."

deena smiled at the blonde girl, placing her hand on top of sam's. "i like you too."

"wait what-"

"i've been hiding it. i was just scared to tell you because i thought you'd tell everyone about my.. secret.."

sam frowned. "no one knows that you're gay..?" she asked as deena nodded her head.

"yeah. sometimes i feel ashamed of myself." deena said.

"deena.."

"no.. it's fine, sam." deena said with a light smile. "it's completely fine."

-

deena knocked on kate's door repeatedly, waiting for her to answer.

"why the fuck are knocking on my do- deena?"

-

"i like samantha fraser and it's insane, i know because i hate her but i don't at the same time and i don't know what to do so-"

kate quickly covered deena's mouth to shut her up. "calm down! you shall not fall in love with her. she's bad news, deena."

"i know but.. i believe she can change."

kate raised her eyebrow. "you said that before and she ended up making a plan about making fun of you."

"true.. but i mean it this time. i see something in her. something good."

"are you sure you like her, deena? this could just be some weird phase." kate said.

deena started pacing around. "i'm sure. and it can't be some weird phase. i want to hate her but i like her. it's hard to explain."

"okay, i get it. but sam? really? i mean, she may be really hot but really? you're never into blondes, i know you." kate said with a chuckle. "also how are you two gonna date if one of you hasn't come out and the other one is the most well known in the school?"

"right." deena muttered. "we'll figure it out. i don't even know if i'm ever gonna come out."

"you'll know when you're ready, deens. just wait patiently and your gut feeling will tell you." kate said, looking down at her phone.

-

nathan, madison and sam were at the cafeteria and all sam did was think about deena. she couldn't get her off of her mind.

"guys, i'll be right back." sam said, getting up from the table and walking away.

"whatever, blondie." nathan said, rolling his eyes before glancing over at sam's phone which she left. the phone turned on since there was a notification.

nathan looked back to see that sam was gone and took sam's phone.

"nate, what the fuck are you doing?" madison asked him.

"just shut up." nathan said, looking at sam's phone.

-

-

nathan tapped on the notification and put the phone to his ear.

"hey, sam! it's deena. of course. who else would it be? anyways, since i technically can't come to your table i'm giving you a voicemail instead. i was thinking that we could hang later? if you want to of course. no force here. so yeah. bye for now."

nathan quickly deleted the voicemail and put down sam's phone, glaring at deena then back at madison.

"i have an idea."