Let the Game Begin

Blue turned into grey. Tears were falling from the sky, pounding against almost everything beneath.
The cool breeze blew past your skin, making you shiver on process.

Ah, what a splendid day.

Your umbrella was home, sadly. The rain was quite hard, not to mention the slight wind blowing every once in a while.

You stretched out your hand to see if it's okay to walk home now. As your hand make contact with few droplets, you quickly pulled your hand back. On this circumstance, you'll be soaked even if you're just walking for few steps.

Guess I'll just wait then...

You pulled your cellphone, about to text your mom that you'll be arriving home late, when suddenly a voice spoke up behind, with a slight Kansai dialect, "Ah, (Last Name)-chan, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be going home now?"

You turned your back to meet the source of the voice, Imayoshi Shouichi, the captain of your school's basketball team, your batch.
"Ah, I forgot my umbrella. I guess the rain will stop soon, so I'll just wait here."
He raised an eyebrow, then looked up at the sky, "Don't be silly. The rain wouldn't stop anytime soon. Come on, I'll walk you home."
"No, thank you, I'm fine--"
"I insist."
"Fine then, if you insist..." you reluctantly accepted his offer.

Imayoshi opened his umbrella as he offered his hand to you for you to take. You raised an eyebrow at him, but you accepted his hand anyway. So here you are, walking home in amidst of the rain, hand in hand with the guy you barely know.

No voice were spoken between you two. Both of you kept silent along the walk. You quite enjoyed the silence, while Imayoshi, on the other hand, was struggling to find a word to speak.

"This is my home, Imayoshi. Thank you for walking me home." You let go of his hand and bowed at him.
"No problem, (Last Name)-chan, anytime~" he grinned as he waved you goodbye.

Soon as you walk to your doorstep, you turned your back, noticing that he is gone, you looked at your palm,

What is this strange warmth?