XXI

Beomgyu pulled himself out of bed after a sleepless night. He pinched his arm hoping that he was stuck in a dream but to no avail. This was real life and today was the day of Taehyun's execution.

But that doesn't mean there's no hope.

Beomgyu told Taehyun that he would get him out of this mess and that's what he will do. He's not quite sure on how to pull this off but he has to. He can't lose Taehyun, not like this.

Not wasting time, Beomgyu pulled himself out of bed and got ready before making his way over to the execution house. It was a good two hours away and Beomgyu prayed that he would make it in time.

Once Beomgyu arrived he got out of his car and observed the building. He's never been here before, obviously, so he wasn't sure what to expect. It was surprisingly normal looking. It appeared to be like any other jail cell surrounded by a stone fence with barbed wires on top and a metal gate as an entrance, but Beomgyu knew that horrible things were happening inside of that building. They were killing people.

Beomgyu made his way over to the entrance where there was a singular guard outside. The guard stopped Beomgyu and looked at the young boy confused. Nobody ever comes to this place unless they are put on death row, "Can I help you?"

The boy looked like he was on the verge of tears, "Is Kang Taehyun here?"

The guard frowned at the name, "Yeah that scumbag is here. Finally getting what he deserves for harming all of those innocent people."

"And he's getting executed today right?"

"Look," the guard sighed, having a feeling of why the boy might be here, "We don't do open executions. Nobody is allowed to watch."

Beomgyu was taken aback. Watch Taehyun die? Is he absurd? "No I don't want that!"

The guard grunted, "Then why are you here?"

"Because he-he," Beomgyu looked to the grown in defeat. It was stupid of him to come here. What was he supposed to do?

"Look if you're not going to give me a straight answer I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

Beomgyu didn't say anything and suddenly he heard footsteps against the gravel. He looked up and saw through the gate that Taehyun was being escorted somewhere by two guards. Without thinking he ran up to the gate and yelled out for Taehyun.

Taehyun looked over at Beomgyu in shock. Why was he here? Nobody is supposed to be here. "Ch-Chungho?" Taehyun attempted to run to him but the guards pushed him down to the ground.

Beomgyu tried his best to reach out to him through the metal bars but he was pulled away by the guard outside of the gate. He struggled to break free but the guard was much stronger than him. All Beomgyu could do was watch as they took Taehyun away.

Once Taehyun was no longer in sight, Beomgyu had stopped struggling and the guard dropped him to the ground. It was at that point he started to sob uncontrollably.

The guard couldn't help but feel a tang of pity for the boy in front of him. He has also lost someone he cared dearly about to the death penalty. "Hey," he leaned down and rubbed Beomgyu's back, "It's going to be okay."

"I don't, I don't, I don't," Beomgyu was choking on his words, "to die. I don't want him to die."

"I understand but sometimes the people we love do bad things and they have to suffer the consequences of those actions." This only made Beomgyu cry even harder. "Hey why don't you come sit over here and try to calm down a bit," the guard gestured to the wall, "I'm here to listen if you want to talk it out. It's not like there's many people that try to come here like you," he laughed, "You're the first guy I've encountered here in like three months."