Chapter 9

Serena's POV...
It was bright. Too bright... I could feel the brightness even when I closed my eyes. But I didn't...I did the opposite.  I walked towards the light. Suddenly, I heard a voice.

Serena...serena...wake up...come on you can do this! 

It was Katie! She was calling me!! I tried to scream out to her but I couldn't!  I screamed so hard my lungs and chest hurt but nothing came out. No sound. Nothing.

Then suddenly, the light started to fade. It faded slowly and I just stood there watching as the only colour drained out. Sucked into some other unknown area. It faded until there was nothing left. Just darkness and silence again.

Then; like I just got an adrenaline rush, I opened my eyes.

I was in the hospital. Again. But this time I had so much energy! It felt amazing!! So I got up, stretched and let out a hearty sigh.

Then I heard a squeal replaced by a bone crushing hug.

"You're okay Rena!!!" It was Katie.  I missed her so I hugged her too. "Whoa there Rena...your crushing me" Katie then said. I still didnt know why but I felt so good!! It was like I was on cloud 9!

"Oh my God Katie! I feel sooooo good!! It's like someone just pumped me with energy!! Im gonna take a run around. See you just now!" And as I said, I took off and ran around the hospital.

I don't know what got into me. I just ran and ran giggling like a maniac but as you know, not everything lasts forever. I was cut off by a strong structure. It was a person.

"Hey! Watch where your- oh Serena!!!" It was Liam! Then he crushed me in a hug tighter than Katie's. "I'm so glad your okay! What are you doing running around?!" Then his speech went from happy to concerned and scolding.

"Im just running because I feel so good!" I exclaimed barely making any sense.

Suddenly Katie burst from around the corner and that's when I noticed her attire. She was wearing gray sweatpants and a cream coloured t-shirt. She would never be caught dead with those clothes on! She was that worried about me? Then I ran to go hug her again.

"Katie...im so sorry for putting you through all this..." then suddenly I started sobbing. I dont know what was up with my mood swings. I just felt happy for a minute then I felt sad the next.

"Aw don't worry Rena...it's okay. You're my best friend. You were there when I was at my worst so I'll be here for you too." Katie cooed in my ear, trying to soothe me down. Then I rembered about my mom and almost broke down again. I held my tears in and tried to be strong.

"Thanks Katie. I don't know where I would be without you." I said before taking a deep breath. Then I asked the question tjat almost made me break down again. "Where's my mother?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"Dont worry Rena...she's fine but she's been in a coma too. Only she hasn't woken up." She kinda said the last part quietly, fiddling with her thumbs.

"But how long was I out this time?" I asked her kinda scared of finding out the answer.

"Two weeks Rena." She said as calmly as she could.

TWO WEEKS?!  My head shouted to me. I tried keeping a straight face but my body was slowly letting me down. A single tear rolled down my cheek. So I did what I thought would make me feel better, I hugged Katie again. I really don't know where I would have been if it wasn't for Katie. She helped me get through everything, defending me in every way. When I would be bullied in school she would be the only one sticking by me. I've known her as long as I could remember.

As we were hugging, I felt someone else join our hug.

"Group hug!" Screamed Liam making me and Katie giggle a little. As we let go, it made me think. Even though I just met Liam,  he's been a good friend so far. "Okay, so since that's sorted out, let's go for pizza!" He screamed again. I think this is the start of a good friendship.
*********************************
So sorry I delayed to update...I tried to make it long though. Anyways all y'all will get to know the boys better in the nexr chapter. Byzzz!