Chapter 5

The picture is Dimitri.

"WAKE UP!!!" A screech penetrates my dream and I groan as my alarm starts. I grab for my phone before anyone else can and shut the music off. I open my eyes and slowly get up.

My internal clock says they got me up an hour early.

"Come on, get up, Sarra!" Drakey bounces her hands on my bed.

"Shut up." I shove her very lightly and flop back onto the bed.

"You need to get up!" Carolynn yells at me.

"It's too early." I moan and cover my face with the blankets.

"If you don't get up we'll start singing..." Drakey warns.

"Oh god no. I'm getting up." I get out of the bed as fast as I can.

"Yay!" Carolynn says. "Now let's wake Laeva up!"

"LAEVA! THEY'RE COMING FOR-" Drakey tackles me and covers my mouth, cutting off my attempt to warn her.

"AHHHH!!" I hear her scream. I see Carolynn jumping on her bed. I shove Drakey off of me and try to run to her rescue. We are partners in crime after all.

"WAKE UP, LAEVA!!!" Carolynn screams.

"Why? Why?" Laeva just says.

"Revenge!" Carolynn sings.

"Oh. Are we at war now?" Laeva asks, sitting up.

"Oh yes!"

"Game on!"

"Drakey, you're on my side!" Carolynn links arms with Drakey.

"Sarra!" Laeva reaches out to me.

"Partners!" I grab her hand.

We glare at each other for a few seconds until Carolynn bursts out giggling. Soon, we're all laughing.

"We need to switch beds now!" Drakey says.

"Drakey, switch with me!" Laeva says.

Drakey rushes to her bed and grabs all her stuff. After a few minutes, they've switched places.

"So we have, like, forty-five minutes to kill, right?" Carolynn laughs.

"Can we sleep?" I groan.

"No. None of us are tired."

"Are we allowed to leave the room?" Drakey asks.

"I don't know. I wasn't listening to the rules. They're always the same." Laeva rolls her eyes.

"We're not allowed to," I say. I memorized everything the woman said.

Carolynn gives a heavy sigh. "Whatever. We can just sing One Direction."

"No!! Please!! I'd rather die!!" I back away from them.

"Well you'll just have to leave," Drakey orders me.

"Truth or Dare!" Laeva exclaims.

"Yes!" I say.

We sit in a circle on the floor.

"I want to go first!" Carolynn says.

"Fine." Drakey rolls her eyes.

"Sarra,"

"Oh no."

"Truth or Dare?" she asks me.

"Dare," I say confidently. Dares are always more fun. We played a similar game at the Office called Lie or Die. The person would choose whether to lie or die. Choosing lie would result in a question that they have to lie or tell the truth to, and if the others guess whether it's a lie or not, they get to beat them up. If they chose die, they have to do a dare that's life-threatening. It can get pretty extreme. One time, HK made me parachute out of a plane blindfolded with my arms tied behind my back. Another time, one of the other trainees named 267 asked me if I hated eating. I lied and said no. Then they took a fifty/fifty guess and guessed that I was lying. They broke my arm, knocked me out, sprained my ankle, gave me two black eyes and a split lip, and made bruises appear all over my body.