| 02 |: An Unexpected Invitation

Four days have passed since (y/n) woke up in Inazuma as the villainess. To her surprise, the villainess didn't look very different than her original self - just that she appeared younger and had longer hair. Kazuha was initially surprised when she had asked him to bring her a mirror since he knew that the villainess didn't like to be reminded of her strong resemblance to her late father, Onigasaki Riku.

(Y/n) had finally recovered from her fever as well, and strangely enough, it was Kazuha and not Tsukuyomi who nursed her back to health. When she questioned Kazuha about her retainer's whereabouts, he told her that he was running an errand for her mother, Onigasaki Aino, in Ritou and should be back by tomorrow evening.

"And why are you here instead of exploring Inazuma?" (y/n) inquired, dipping her brush into a small pot of ink, "I thought you didn't like staying cooped up in one place."

"When you were brought into the estate unconscious, I was already resting in your home after a journey. Tsukuyomi-dono then asked me to take care of you until he returns, though I would have done so even if he didn't ask me to. It's hard for me to sleep peacefully at night knowing that you had fallen ill," he replied, taking out a book that had caught his interest from her bookshelf. He flipped through the pages, humming. "What are you doing by the way? Are you going to write a story?"

She snorted, her hand shaking slightly as she tried to write Kazuha's name in kanji and hiragana to practice using a brush. According to the villainess' memories, she likes to write short proses when she's alone during her free time. Makes sense since she has no other way to vent when Tsukuyomi is not with her, (y/n) thought to herself. "I wish. When are you going to leave again?"

"(Y/n)-chan... Do you really want to kick me out that badly?" he asked, feigning hurt.

She almost dropped her brush and looked at him in disbelief. "What- Of course not!" She then huffed when she noticed him trying to hide his teasing smile behind a book. "I was just curious, Kazu."

'Kazu?' he thought, blinking. (Y/n) would always call him "Kazuha-kun"... He brushed the odd feeling he suddenly got aside, thinking that she's probably going to come up with a plethora of nicknames for him like she did for Tsukuyomi.

"Alright, alright," Kazuha said, laughing as he returned the book to its original place, "I'll be here for three more nights. I don't want to cause unnecessary trouble for your family."

(Y/n)'s lips formed a pout.

"Eeeh? But you're always welcome here in the Onigasaki Estate. Our families had close ties, so consider my home your home," she told him, hoping to spend a little more time with the Anemo sweetheart who managed to capture the hearts of many with his character trailer alone. She's not ashamed to admit to being one of his simps as she's a firm believer of Kazuha supremacy.

Kazuha's signature smile appeared on his lips, making his expression look as soft as ever. "You're a kind person, (y/n)-chan. I'm really grateful to have you as my best friend, but I don't want to take advantage of your hospitality like that."

If words are actually objects, (y/n) would be dead by now because the term "best friend" skewered her heart with a multitude of knives.

"The childhood friend game here is strong," she mumbled, devastated that she got indirectly friendzoned by the Kaedehara Kazuha. She covered her eyes with the hand that wasn't holding the brush, as if she was in despair.

Kazuha cocked his head slightly to one side. "Did you say something?"

The (h/c)-haired woman immediately straightened her posture and waved her hand in front of her. "Oh, it's nothing~"

"You know, you're more cheerful these days," he commented, chuckling at the end of his sentence. He remembered Onigasaki's heiress as a more serious person, but now, it felt like he was speaking to the (y/n) before she fell in love with Thoma of the Kamisato Clan. "I missed seeing your beautiful smile."