| 03 |: The Fate of a Villainess

While waiting for his friend just outside of the Onigasaki Estate, Kazuha decided to continue reading the book he had secretly snuck out of her room two days ago. The more pages he flipped through, the heavier his guilt weighed upon him.

All this time, (y/n) has had to endure everything in pain while he journeyed around Inazuma with Tomoaki, completely oblivious to her feelings that she had kept suppressed.

"Kazu!"

He closed the book and quickly hid it in the folds of his kimono when (y/n) called his name. He then turned around to face her with a smile, seeing her run over to him in a rather unladylike manner as two maids frantically chased her with her dark red haori cloak. She was wearing a midnight blue kimono with white frills on the sleeves and a hakama of a darker shade, and a blue ribbon with golden stripes adorned her hair.

"Lady (y/n), your haori!" Yuuko exclaimed, pausing to catch her breath as the other maid, Miho cautiously draped it over (y/n)'s shoulders.

"It's way too hot to be wearing layers though," (y/n) whined. To Miho's surprise, (y/n) let her put her haori cloak on without throwing a fit, and connected the two golden triple knots on its front panels with a string. It was as if Miho's afraid (y/n) would lash out on her, and (y/n) wasn't oblivious to the fact that all of the servants fear her. It was painfully obvious since this morning, only Yuuko and Miho showed up to help her get changed when there should be two more maids. Lucky for them, they don't have to be worried about triggering the wrath of the villainess anymore since (y/n) practically kicked her soul out of her body when she turned into a street pizza in her original world.

Now, how should (y/n) let Thoma know that she had completely given up on trying to make him her fiance?

She can't just tell him, "Hey, guess what! I'm not smitten with you anymore, so sayonara!" because he'll just think that she had gone crazy. The villainess' reputation is already as low as it can get, and she doesn't need the entirety of Inazuma to think that she needs to be admitted into a mental asylum as well, if there's even one in Teyvat.

"Hmm... Maybe I should ignore him and act clingy with Kazu..." (y/n) muttered, gritting her teeth with her thumbnail trapped between the two rows.

Kazuha, Yuuko and Miho stared at her, each of them wearing an expression that said, "Is she okay?" (Y/n) looked as if she was about to plan something nefarious, which mostly made the maids concerned.

'Did my lady eat something weird this morning?' Yuuko thought as she was getting terrifying ideas of what (y/n) could possibly be thinking of right now.

"Seeing as you're all dressed up for your meeting with Lady Ayaka, shall we get going?" Kazuha asked, breaking the awkward tension.

'Kaedehara-san, you're a life saver!' both Yuuko and Miho thought, clasping each other's hands.

(Y/n) immediately snapped out of it and replied, "Yeah, let's get going." Before she took a step forward however, she asked, "Where's Tsukuyomi?"

"I'm right here, nushi-sama."

She let out a yelp when said man suddenly spoke up behind her, and she turned around to see him smiling politely with his right arm placed diagonally on his chest. Tsukuyomi's manner of addressing her with nushi-sama is rather intriguing; traditionally, this manner of address is used by a woman towards a man she is intimately familiar with, so isn't he technically misusing it?

Oh well. It sounds nice coming from him so she's not going to complain.

"How may I help you?" he asked.

"I was just wondering if you'll be coming with me and Kaedehara-san to the Kamisato Estate today," she said, before looking at Kazuha with an arched eyebrow when he elbowed her side lightly. "What?"