Last night home

Mallory sighed as she zipped up her bag, Summer doing the same as she wiped her hands of sweat.

Their flight was tomorrow and they'd decided to save packing till the last second.
A mistake on their part.
"Hey Mallory? Do you think we'll last up in the mountains?" Summer asked, sitting down on the bed with a creek.
Malory turned to her, hands falling from her hair to give the brunette a questioning brow.

"What do you mean will we last? Of course we will summer" she smiled, sitting down next to the younger girl. "We've got each other, more than our families ever have. It's a good start" She side hugged her before standing up again to go to the bathroom.

"It's just I've never thought of doing something like this, what if we all start fighting or can't handle being around each other 24/7?" Summer followed the smaller girl, standing in the door as she watched Mallory brush her teeth.

"Summer" she turned to the girl with an exasperated sigh. "We've all been friends since we were what? Twelve? I doubt a little move is gonna change that, I promise this is a good idea"

"It's just I love you guys more than anything, I don't want anything to come between us, maybe we shouldn't go"

With a roll of her eyes Mallory smiled, handing the girl her tooth brush and gesturing to the sink.

"Our flight leaves at 5 am and we're leaving at 3am, it's already ten. Now brush your teeth and get to bed"

The girls laughed, both bidding Goodnight as Mallory walked to her room.

Sadly the brunette didn't fall asleep as fast as her friend did, in fact she found it way to hard to actually close her eyes.

*buzzzz*...*buzzzz*

She whipped her head to her phone, a smile coming to her face as she looked at the message.

M- hey you awake?

It was Max, her best friend since birth, and thank god for that since she needed someone to talk to.

S- I wish I wasn't.
M- why, what's wrong?

She hesitated for a moment before responding

S- I'm scared, I don't want to lose you guys like I lost my mom.
M- what happened with your mom leaving was not your fault, summer. Your mom didn't deserve you.
S- Thank you.
M- Its going to be okay you have us now. We aren't like your mom.
S- Thank you, Max. You always make me cheer up.
M- No problem, I am here for you always remember?
S- always, goodnight Maxi
M-goodnight summer, sleep well we have a big day tomorrow.

Sighing she drifts off to sleep with a smile on her face, ready to face the next day with a beaming smile.

That peace felt like it lasted only a moment because within a second of falling asleep she woke up to crashing from the next room over.

Thudding footsteps made her jump, her door slamming open as a very frazzled Mallory entered her room.

"Have you seen my books?"

"W-what?"

Malory let out a loud sigh, rushing back out to continue her conquest.

"W-wait MALLORY!" She yelled flipping off her covers. She let out a squeak when she realized the time.

"Oh dear god were leaving in seventeen minutes!"

The next ten minutes were filled with screaming and crashing of luggage as the duo did there best to leave on time, finally getting to the car and strapping up.

They arrived with three minutes left to spare, rushing into the airport and straight to the boys near the airport exit.

Plu was sitting across two chairs, his sunhat over his face with his sunglasses on top of it while Max stood foot away on his phone wishing he'd drove separate.

"Plu what in the world are you doing wearing flip flops and swimming shorts?! We're going to Tennessee not Hawaii!"

Plu moved with hat from his face with an eyebrow raised, sitting up from his seat to look up at the brunette.

"and? Why are you wearing a bulky jacket? Isn't it supposed to be like, hundred degrees over there?"

Mallory huffed, glaring.
"The weather can change"