Chapter Four

Sorry I didn't update for like two months I was just unmotivated I also was on vacation whoops
enjoy!

It had been a little over a week now since you started staying with Tonks and things had almost immediately felt normal again. It felt like she never left. To her, it was probably like living the dream college life with her best friend staying at her place. To you it was getting harder each day to keep pushing your feelings down.

On top of that, you have no job, no thoughts of what to do in the coming year, and of course no actual place to live. I mean come on, Tonks isn't just going to open her apartment to you forever.

Today, you two are sitting on her small balcony enjoying coffee and pancakes she made you that morning. The balcony overlooks a semi busy street with cars parked all down both sides. The street has many more apartment buildings similar to this one, with shops and cafes running on the ground level. A typical residential London street.

"This is amazing," you say in between bites. "I've never had pancakes this good before."
She smiles at you before taking a sip from her mug.

"I have to run to the store today, you're welcome to come if you'd like. I have to say though, it probably won't be that exciting." She jokes.

You laugh as you wipe your lips with a napkin. "Sure I'll tag along. I mean I don't exactly have anything else to do."
"Alight then, perfect Saturday afternoon."
You stand up to help her with the dishes and get ready for the day.

-

A bus ride and a short walk later, you two are at the grocery store wandering through the isles. Basically it's you following Tonks wherever she makes her way to next.
After the bakery and fresh fruit sections she makes her way to the coolers for the last few things.

"Did you need anything while we're here, love?" She asks while opening the case door.
"Oh um..."
You didn't exactly know how to address the fact that you had barely any money left, and no way to pay her back if you needed something.
"No, that's okay. I uh, I'll be fine."
She gives you that same head tilt from back at King's Cross.

"Mhmm. Y/n, you've been with me for almost two weeks and you haven't needed anything. Not even-"
"Okay fine." You interrupt her. "Well, you know I literally wouldn't have had anywhere to go if you didn't show up last week. I have no home, no job, and definitely no idea what to do with my life now. You're already being so generous by letting me stay with you for a little bit, I didn't want to ask for anymore help. I figured if I made it until you kicked me out, you wouldn't have to see me in this hard place."

You find her eyes again after looking away from her that whole time. She's looking at you with sadness in her eyes, but they're also filled with thought.

"I- I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." You say, looking to the ground again.
"Who said I was kicking you out?" She speaks up after a long pause.
"What?"
"Who said you have to leave, Y/n? What if... what if you stay?"
You look up at her and find a smile forming on her lips.
"Move in with me Y/n."
"Are- are you serious? You don't have to say that just because you feel bad for me now."
"Do you really think I would ask you something like that if I didn't mean it?"
"Well, no I guess not."
She laughs as she swings the basket of groceries into the crook of her elbow.
"So, what do you say?"

At this point, you weren't worried about how hard it might be permanently living with the girl you were secretly in love with. You were just glad to have an offer for a place to stay.
"Of course I'll move in with you Dora. Thank you...so much."
She smiles before shyly leaning in to give you a hug.
"So, now, is there anything you need while we're here? And don't worry about money N/n, it'll be okay."

-

Things were starting to look up for you now, your biggest worrier was no longer a problem.
Your new toothbrush sits in the cup with hers next to the sink.

Your shampoo and conditioner bottles are sitting in her shower.
There's even a brand new key hanging on the hook by the front door.

"Everything is actually going okay." You think to yourself before falling asleep.
"If only I could read her better."