Chapter Seven

Here we go...

The two of you exited the Auror department main office, Tonks with a smile on her face and you, nothing but happy for her. She had told you on your way there that the paperwork she had was allowing her to officially become a full time Auror for the ministry. She made it to the beginning of her real life. This scared you a little bit, made you feel like she might leave you since you had pretty much nothing to your name. If you wanted her to stay you'd have to do something eventually.

Her words rang in the back of your head.

"I think you might enjoy the Auror training program that the ministry offers. I just completed it myself and...I don't know it might be nice if you wanted to...stay here..."

-

You enter the large main hall of the ministry again and she turns to you.

"I have the stop by the education department to pick up the last of my things. You can wait here if you don't want to come."

"Wait." You grab her wrist. "I'll go with you. I think I do want to try out that program."

Her eyes light up, making you smile

"Really?!" She beams.

"Yeah. I mean you liked it and I have to do something if I'm going to stay here. If I do this, I would eventually be doing the same thing that you're doing. That means that, if you're okay with it, I would be sticking around for a while longer...which I would like to do by the way." You smile at her with the last part and suddenly she's holding you in a warm embrace.

-

When you reach the education department she leads you around to the desk where you'll be able to enroll. No one is sitting there so she reaches down and rings the bell.

"If you need any help with the forms and such just let me know. And feel free to use my name or any other information if they need family stuff."
She knew this was a sensitive topic but she held eye contact to ensure that you felt okay.

"Thank you, Dora." You manage a slight smile before getting cut off by another voice.

"Tonks!" Two guys are approaching you.

One guy has brown hair and the other has blonde. The brown haired guy is holding his arms out and gives Tonks a hug when they reach her.

"How have you been hun?" He says while looking down at her.

Hun

"Good! I'm here to clean out the last of my stuff actually. Oh and this is Y/n by the way." She turns to look at you and the two guys follow her gaze to you.

"Hi."

You could've said more but right now you didn't really want to.

"Nice to finally meet you, Y/n." The blonde one says.

You shoot Tonks a look and mouth "finally?" with a raised eyebrow.

She gives a defeated smile before turning back to the brown haired guy who's arm was still around her.

"We should go out after we're done here if you guys are available. We should celebrate graduating from here. And Y/n too, from Hogwarts."

"Yeah for sure! Congratulations Y/n." He turns to you.

"Oh, thanks. It's not that big of a deal."

Yes, it kind of was, at least for you but you don't exactly want to go out with these guys.

Thankfully, you're saved by the receptionist taking her seat at the desk and looking up to help you. Thank god.

"Y/n, I'm going to go get my stuff with them but we'll be down that hall when you're done." Tonks gives you a smile before turning to the guys and heading out of sight.

Of course you didn't want her to leave but you didn't have much of a choice.

You turn to the receptionist and ask for the papers

-

After about 20 minutes you had finished the last boring section about past education, family info, etc.

You return the papers to the woman and thank her for her assistance again.

"Of course! I hope to see you around in the fall. I believe your friends are in the studies down the hall."

You nod, thanking her and turn to head down the hall.

Before you reach the third door, you hear Tonks' voice raise slightly from the other side of it.

"For the last time I'm not interested in her like that. Would you stop prying me please?"

You stop in your tracks outside the door.

"Listen. She's a sweet girl, she really is, but I just think of her like a little sister of my own. Besides, you know who I have my heart set for."

Suddenly the air in your lungs is nowhere to be found.

Her words ring in your head and their conversation fades out.

You feel a lump rising in your throat and all you want to do is run but you can't.

You swallow hard and take a shaky breath before reaching for the door handle. When it opens, your eyes find hers at a table in the middle of the room.

"Dora, I think I'm just going to go home. I'm suddenly not really feeling up to going out anymore. You guys should still go though, you deserve to celebrate."

She looks at you with worry when she gets up to approach you.

"I'm fine. Really." You say, not wanting to have a conversation.

"Are you sure? Are you feeling sick?"

Yes. But not the same way that she's referring to.

"I just feel a migraine coming on, I think. I'll be okay, just meet me at home."

You can't find the strength to stand there any longer, to say anything else. You turn and walk out the door without another word.

Now is when your body finally runs.

You run down the hall and out of the department.

You run through the large main hall again until you find where people are leaving.

Slipping out behind someone, you find yourself on the street again.

You run until you find the familiar street with her apartment.

The last thing you remember is the smell of her pillow and the salty tears on your cheeks.

I told you I was inspired for this so strap in :)