Another first day

Draco P.O.V.

As the professor begins the yearly lecture on safety I start to doze off. Now that I think of it I haven't had a full rest since the battle ended. It seem whenever I close my eyes I see a spell being cast or a kind face contort due to unspeakable pain. My eyes flare open and I jump as I feel a hand on my back.

"What is with you lately?" Pansey whispers almost harshly. "I cant even touch you without you jumping out of your skin. What happened to my cunning slytherin prince?"

"Nothing" I say defensivley "I just need to rest some"

Her face softens and I can see how exhausted she is for just a moment "Well do you need a potion to get your head back straight on your shoulders? I know after the battle-"

"You know what? Do tell!" I hiss at her "I'm tired and thats all there is to it!"

Pansey's lips tighten as if to hold back something more. She looks at to her textbook blankly as if she doesn't care what it says. I focus my attention to the front of the room. My mind stays blank as the professors words seem to float right past me, missing my ears. Quickly becoming bored I doodle on some parchment. My hand glides slowly and an eye forms from the ink. A nose quickly follows then another eye, slightly different from the last. I focus on the details like the reflection and the shine on the nose. For some reason I just cant draw the rest of the face, something holds me back. I just cant seem to remember anymore.

I set down my quill and listen to the rest of the safety speech. Soon the class is over and students are chatting and leaving the room.

"Who is she?" Goyle asks as he leans on my desk.

"Haven't the faintest" I reply, almost puzzled at my own answer.

"Well whoever she is shes got real nice eyes, look almost like gems even on parchment. You should take an art class, I bet you could improve some more and figure out who it is."

"I suppose so" I mumble mulling it over. It's a pretty good idea.

"We better get going" Pansey says coolly.

Hermione P.O.V

"What do you have next" Harry asks as we head out of the divination class.

"I've got Care of Magical Creatures, Ginny says you've got Defense Against the Dark Arts right?"

"Right as always" Harry says laughing, I hit his arm hardly concealing my smile. "I'll see you at lunch then?"

"Sure, so long as you don't mind me talking to Ginny more than you" I speak loudly as we drift apart.

"Wouldn't have it any other way" he shouts over the other students chattering in the hall.