Chapter 8: mission

-y/n pov-

After doing the photo shoot and getting everything packed we got our shit packed it into a moving truck and got in. "Ok so we are Nat and y/n Brant we are newlyweds who wanted to just have a chill life away from the crazy city we are thinking of adopting but don't know where from. We have been dating for over 6 years but waited to get married sounds good" i gave her a thumbs up as i vibes to the music she realized I'm in my own world so just let me vibe. We got there and I hopped out of the movie van still vining dancing around as nat laughed at me. I danced over with her and took her hand to dance with her which happily she took, she twirled me around leading me to the door. Once we made it to the door she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "welcome home baby let's go check it out then grab our stuff". We made our way inside and looked around and shit the house looked great. There was already food, furniture and all the time stuff like the pictures we took all we had to do was being in our personal stuff. When we were done looking around, Nat put her hand on my hip and led me to the van and dam she looked hot in the muscle shirt, jean shorts and a bandana. She opened the van and started grabbing boxes, while I was walking back downstairs from bringing some clothes into the bedroom and nat in the kitchen making some lunch since we were starving when the neighbors knocked on the open door. "Hello we are your new neighbors just thought we would bring you some welcome cookies I'm Janet and this is Jeff Heart'' she smiled warmly fake ugh but i put in my best welcoming smile and said "Hi we are the Jefferson I'm y/n and this is my lovely wife Nat and we are so excited to be moving here we have heard the neighbors are great and it's just an amazing neighborhood" Jeff honestly looked sus tho but said "ya it's a great neighborhood how long how you guys been married for any kids eh?" As i was about to reply nat came in and angered "ah we are just newly married bought a house to start a family and just kinda get out of the hustle and bustle of the big city and no children yet but we are thinking of adopting what about you guys any kids" she walked over out her arm around me and Janet replied "no kids for us we just need each other well we see you are busy so we will just give you these and get going but you should come over for dinner some time soon how bout that" they went and walked out "of course we would love that see you soon" they left and we closed the door since we had pretty much got everything and got ready for lunch cause jeez i was starving and it smelled amazing.

-nat pov-

We had settled in and already met the suspects which was good they came to us instead of us having to come to them. We were eating lunch while trying to decide what to watch since we technically didn't need to start the mission till next Monday since this week was just got settle in get the things we need double check out story but since we had unpacked everything already with y/n's powers and we just kinda worked well together we are spending the week chilling and getting to know each other not the mission us but us so we could add some if our own details that won't give us away. Hopefully the people we are watching weren't around or in charge while y/n was there or we would be screwed. "Hey what is we watched nailed it! I love that show it's so funny and it is a cooking show. Comedy and cooking combined a masterpiece" she genuinely looked excited and hopeful to watch it and I was just watching her excited face but then it started to fade "or if you don't want to we can totally watch something else ya know never mind it was a stupid idea any ways you just choose what you want to watch" wow she could talk fast and getting to know her the what 2 days jeez only 2 i realized she is a people pleaser and thought if she did something someone didn't like something bad would happen "hey no I've heard that it's a really good show let's watch it" i told her with a soft smile which she returned then got up to get the Netflix on and honestly watching that show I laughed the most I have in a long time and had a lot of fun with y/n. I knew these fees months would be fun with y/n and maybe we would become really close friends.