Chapter 1: The Attack

Once, there was a land called Zaria. There was a princess named Misty Thalassa, who was the daughter of Queen Naomi Thalassa. She was a water element. Misty was a gorgeous girl with turquoise hair and purple eyes. Misty was eight when tragedy hit the kingdom.

She was happily playing with her cousins and her friend, Jasmine, in one of the water pools called Canyon Falls. It's called that because of the huge canyon walls bordering it. As they're playing, and the people around them bustle about lively, going to the market in Zaria Square, playing in the Enchanted Forest, dragon back riding, and having fun, suddenly, the kingdom's siren went off. When that alarm starts blaring, it is so loud that the entirety of Zaria can hear it. As soon as it goes, everyone automatically knows that something unexpected or horrible was about to happen. A guard announced that Zaria was being ambushed!!

Immediately, everyone was in complete shock. Parents shielded their children while soldiers grabbed weapons. Queen Naomi ran over to Misty and picked her up. Everyone was scattering about trying to find shelter.

 Just then, fire rained from the sky, guns were being shot, bombs constantly exploded everywhere. To keep her safe, Queen Naomi made a portal and put Misty through it.

"I'm very upset that I'm not going to see you anymore, but this is for your safety." Naomi sighed, her voice shaky and hurt.  Misty tried to reply, but before she could, the entire world vanished from sight. Misty woke up in a daze. She found herself sitting in the water at the shore of an ocean. Misty looked around and couldn't familiarize herself with anything. No one was around. She was scared, because this world was unlike any she'd ever seen before and didn't have any help or guidance. Misty had to accept the fact that she has to live here without her family and friends. She got up and slowly walked away from the beach, the golden sun setting behind her.

As she was walking, Misty soon realized she had been sent to Earth. She started getting hungry, but didn't have any food. Misty had to sleep on a hard street bench. This was the first time she felt alone. She cried herself to sleep. However, Misty didn't get much sleep due to a horrible nightmare about her family, friends, and people stuck in the attack and no matter what she tried to do to help, nothing worked.

The next morning, Misty woke up, still starving and she was so scared, her stomach was in a huge knot. She wanted food, but of course she had no money with her, so there was nothing she could do about that. It was a cold Winter day. Misty was freezing and homesick. 

Misty arrived at a town called Wilson and decided to take shelter there. She came across an orphanage and, figuring it was the only place she could turn to, she knocked on the door.

A lady with brown hair pulled back in a low ponytail, brown eyes, a sweatshirt of the Wilson Wolf Sanctuary, and a grey wool scarf answered the door. She looked at Misty's dirty face and tangly hair.

"Oh my goodness! What happened to you!?" She asked.

Misty didn't answer. Only stared nervously.

"Come on. Let's go inside."

Misty stepped inside. The place looked very neat. The living room had a tan colored couch, dark wood floors, a grey rug underneath a glass coffee table, and a large TV. Outside of the living room was a narrow hallway that lead to the kitchen, downstairs bathroom, and office.

"Come upstairs and meet everyone else. By the way, I'm Miss Fawn."

Miss Fawn led Misty upstairs and walked her down the hall. The first door to the left held Miss Fawn's room with a queen sized, four poster bed, two dark wood bedside tables with a lava lamp on each, a large, dark wooden wardrobe, and a few paintings on the walls. To the right, there was a single bathroom. It was small, but big enough for everyone to share. Nothing too exciting, just the normal things you'd expect to see in a bathroom. At the very end of the hall was another door. That's the one Misty opened.

The room had two sets of bunk beds, one window that gave a lovely view of the town, a toy chest, and toys everywhere. Building blocks, dolls, a pretend kitchen with fake food, "UNO" cards were all over the ground, costumes spilled out from a cardboard box, on the wall above the toy chest was a bookshelf full of the fairy tales "Rapunzel", "Rumplestiltskin", "Pinocchio", "Cinderella", "Sleeping Beauty", "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "The Secret Garden", "Little Women", and "Black Beauty". There was also a closet that had stuffed animals, shoes, hats, coats, and clothes in it.

There were only three kids in the room. Two boys playin "Monopoly" that was all laid out on a table. Misty could tell they were getting very competitive with it. And a girl with a tea party set using some things from the kitchen set. She was dressed as a fairy princess and wearing a flower crown she made out of firm vines and fake flowers. She had a teddy bear and a little, woven, button-eyed doll that looked exactly like her. 

They all looked up at Misty and Miss Fawn.

"Um.. hi.. I'm Misty Thalassa." Misty said nervously.

Miss Fawn looked at the other kids and said, "Everyone! Please introduce yourselves!"

A boy with brunette hair, hazel eyes, and glasses waved at Misty. "Hello! I'm Liam Bently."

A girl with jet black hair, emerald green eyes, and freckles stood up from the tea set. "Hi! I'm Sophia Aarde. Nice to meet you!"

A boy in a wheelchair with blonde hair and blue eyes said, "Hey! I'm Hunter Howsworth."

"Why don't you kids pick up a little?" Miss Fawn asked.

"Yes, Miss Fawn." All three kids said in unision.