Chapter Sixteen: The Statue Room

Bullet had Jess cornered again.

"Jess! Get out of the way! Now!" Skylar shouted.

"I can't! Bullet and Ash are surrounding me!" Jess cried out in fear.

The elements each tried different spells to keep the dragon from hurting Jess. Ava, however, didn't know what to do. She didn't see the potential in herself if mind reading and controlling objects with her mind was all she could do. She also felt weaker now. She knew that, unlike her friends, her power could get all used up for a couple of hours if she wasn't careful.

Ash and Bullet were far more powerful than each individual element. Ash could use a powerful spell called Shadow Takeover. What it did was take possession of someone's soul and turn them into mindless slaves that'll do Ash's bidding.

He aimed it at Jess.

Ava saw this and jumped in front of Jess, her arms out, trying to protect her. This only made Ash smile psychotically because he saw this as a good opportunity. So, instead of just hitting Jess, he hit Ava as well. Ash hit them hard with that spell.

Their eye color turned blood red and their expressions were so dull. All of their personality, thoughts, and emotions disappeared. They were now Ash's mind slaves! 

"OH MY STARS! JESS! AVA!" Lucy cried. She ran over to them. "Guys! Snap out of it!" She cried as she shook them.

"Lucy! Get away! They're under Ash's control now!" Kendall warned.

"No! Jess is my sister and Ava is my friend! I'm not going to abandon them!"

"Heh. Such a foolish little pest. They don't recognize you." Ash said. "Jess! Attack! Ava, you take this weapon and fight with it." Ava took the crossbow Ash handed her and staggered towards Misty.

Jasmine threw her arms out in front of Misty to protect her. Meanwhile, Jess was going after Lucy. Jess grabbed her twin's shoulder.

"Jess! It's me! Lucy! Your twin!"

Jess pushed Lucy to the ground. Ash and Bullet joined Jess and Ava.

Quickly, the elements tried to fight back, but their opponent was just too strong. If only Jess and Ava hadn't gotten hit. Misty tried to hit the dragon with a wave,  but the dragon snatched her up.

"Hey hot breath! Let our friend go!" Sophia shouted.

Misty struggled to break free of Bullet's clutch. The other elements were in complete shock. Everything was falling apart. Would this be the end of them? Should they still continue to fight a battle they could very easily lose? But, if they lose, Zaria will become forgotten. All they wanted now was to defeat Ash, but how? He was obviously very strong. It makes sense since he is one of the God Elements. And what's worse. Their leader. The one who brought them all together, led them through the journey, and never gave up on them was not doing so well in battle. In a matter of seconds, she could be killed by Ash and his horrible dragon. If she dies, that would mean even less strength to the team. Jess and Ava were also lost to Ash as well.

So, the group used their powers to try and attack Ash and Bullet. Jasmine jumped up and grabbed Misty while the others distracted the dragon. Jasmine put Misty down and out came her water magic. All the elements worked together to slay Ash and Bullet. Ash was backing down. He was losing. Bullet was dead. The elements combined their magic for one final spell.

"Wait! Stop! Please! I surrender!" Ash pleaded.

They didn't believe him. "You destroyed our home, killed our parents, lied to all of us, and took not only one, but TWO of OUR friends! You really think we will forgive you for what you've done? If so, you couldn't be more wrong! You will pay!" Misty threatened.