Chapter Fifteen: The Battle

The dragon was humongous when they first got a good glimpse at Bullet.

"Alrighty, Bullet! Come on! I've got a little snack for you!" Ash said while stroking the dragon.

The dragon stared at the elements for a few moments in silence. He bent his head down and sniffed them out. Without warning, the dragon attacked.

"WAIT! WAIT! STOP! OW!" The dragon charged after Scarlet.

"Scarlet can't fight if the dragon is charging at her like that!" Alex said.

"We have to make a distraction then!" Ava said.

"Heh. Don't even think about it." Ash said.

He cam swiftly right at the elements. He swiped his sword, the shadow blade. They jumped out of the way as soon as the sharp blade neared them. 

Jess, however, couldn't move. The sword was right at her neck. Ash saw how scared she was and jumped onto the dragon's back. The dragon took off, charging right at her. Bullet picked her up and threw her against the grey stone wall.

"Jess!" Lucy shouted. "Oh my god! Are you okay?"

Jess got up, but struggled to stand. She was shaking all over. Jess leaned against the wall desperately trying to take a breath. Ash and Bullet surrounded Jess. She was cornered, unable to move. Jess tried fighting back, but every time she tried she tried to hit them with magic, Bullet would hold her back.

"Everyone! We must help her!" Jasmine instructed. And so they did.

Alex ran forward and conjured a lightning bolt in each of his hands. He held both of them tight and threw them as hard as he could. One at Bullet one at Ash. Bullet dodged both of them.

Skylar used her special ability to fly over Ash and his dragon. When she was floating over Ash's head, she created a whirling tornado, trapping Ash in the middle. Ash's dragon blew some black mist and broke free of the tornado.

Lucy made some asteroids and threw them all at Ash. Ash's sword broke through all of them. They both flew to the opposite side of the room.

Jess was no longer cornered, so she could perform an attack of her own. She lunged forward and shone light right in the dragon's face. Then she brushed her fingers along the dragon's side, burning it with her sunlight. The dragon roared in pain and smacked Jess away with his tail.

Scarlet made a ball of fire under her feet and kicked it around like a soccer ball. She kicked it right at Ash's face. Ash sent it flying right back at Scarlet using his sword. Good thing she's fire resistant!

Jasmine changed into her knight form, then jumped at Ash to try and strike him from above with her ice sword. The sword sparkled with snowflakes all around it and a beam of icy cold light shot at Ash. Bullet fanned it away with his wings.

Vivian took the form of a phantom purple phoenix with her crystal dangling from her neck. She flew at the dragon and pecked it all over. Ash grabbed Vivian's head and tried to get her off Bullet. Finally, Ash slapped Vivian's forehead and she fell backwards, then turned back to her normal self.

Misty made a bubble of water around Bullet and Ash to try and drown them in her water. They both struggled while holding their breath. Ash took his sword and sliced through the bubble. The water came crashing down and soaked all of them. Ash coughed a little to get the water out of his lungs.

Sophia made some vines and tied them around Bullet's legs so he would trip. Then she created a whole army of animals. Tigers, lions, bears, cheetahs, and a bunch of big animals came charging at Ash and Bullet. Bullet bit all of the animals in their necks, they disappeared, and Bullet tore through the vines. 

Ava used her mind to take Ash's sword from him. Ash gripped his sword even tighter and they both played tug o' war with it. Ash's grip failed and Ava had his sword. Bullet leaned his neck forward and his teeth clamped around the sword's blade. The sword got pulled from Ava's hands. The blade cut her a little too. Ava winced as her hand dripped with blood.

Kendall rushed forward and healed Ava's hand. She then charmed Bullet to make him like her. That made the dragon not want to charge after Kendall.

They were finally doing it. They were putting an end to Ash's evil plans.