o n e

"Good evening students!", the math professor greeted us.

"Good evening sir!", we said in unison. It was a huge, well-lit classroom with a giant window on one side. Through it, I could feel the chilly November breeze. It was my first day today.

"Come on in!", he gestured with his hand, signalling the students who were continually pouring in, to enter and be seated. The chemistry class had already knackered me and now, I felt soooooo sleepy that I might doze off any moment.

Strangely, I happen to have a special kind of power in me— The power of SLEEPING! I can sleep for any amount of time, at any time of the day and still end up feeling tired.

"Focus, Focus, Focus, Forget the sleep, quick!", I heard my thoughts speaking aloud to me.

"I hope I'm audible to the ones at the back", the professor began and broke my daze. He took a pause. His lips curved into a warm smile, his eyes suddenly glowed, as if a thought ignited a strange sense of happiness in him.

"I'm really glad to have you all back. The regular classes might have faced a closure for 1½ year, but now we have resumed and we wish that everything normalises pretty soon."

'The Covid Times', you know. oof!

I just wish I would have been able to stay back at home and attend the classes online. Sadly enough, we've got no option for hybrid classes. So, here I am, attending real-life classes. I know no one here and I kinda feel uncomfortable in socialising these days. But hey! That doesn't mean I don't socialise at all. I've got a bunch of people that I call my friends.
There's Bavaria (my sweet childhood buddy with whom I still spend most of my time), Madilyn (my bestie who stays miles away from me now), Valery (who happens to be my classmate at school) and Paige (my good ol' advisor cum friend ;) )
There are some more people I talk to, however,  I'm not very close to them.

Paige had called me today and she told me that her and Valery attended school together. As it turns out, classes at school too, resumed today. The Math classes which I attend with almost the whole of my concentration are the ones taught by Prof. Snow. He is a great teacher, although he can be strict sometimes. He's a middle-aged man with little hair on his head. He's got a lean build but the way he speaks seems to manifest the fact that he indeed is strong on the inside.

//437//