e i g h t

Dave's POV

It's been five days since we haven't talked to each other.

Five heart-wrenching days of separation.
But that wouldn't have mattered much to me if Ashley was just another girl I met. She can be awkward sometimes but she's a nice girl. As far as I remember, she's never denied to help me; even when I was dangerously close to getting an F in my Chemistry project last semester.

Last week, when I reminded her to send me those notes, I felt as if she wanted to tell me something or maybe, she just wanted to initiate a talk. I didn't pay much attention to it then. However, when I saw her in my evening classes again, I couldn't help but think about it.

I sit exactly in front of her now, after the Prof. fixed our places for the sake of 'convenience'. We discuss answers and help each other for test preps. Sometimes, we are the only ones talking.

Today, I did not go to school because I woke up very late. This gives me a very good reason to talk to her, again.

After my evening classes, I saw her rush outside. For some reason, she  whooshes out as the class ends and never waits for anybody. I packed my stuff as fast as I could and dashed out so fast that I lost my balance and almost fell down. Gosh!

I found her exiting the gate and I instantaneously called out her name.

"Ashley!"
Why do I sound so rushed? Calm down, Dave.

She looked my way.

"Yeah?"

"Did you go to school today?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. What did we do at school today?"

"We....played games."

"Games?!"

"Yeah. And we completed Electrostatics in Physics. We studied modulus function in Math. In Chemistry, we studied the prepration of Haloarenes. And in English, we did nothing." She said everything in a breath. Why is she such a nerd!

"Okay, cool. What games did you play?"

"Umm... Nothing worth mentioning. However, if you insist, we were just roaming around in the playground and playing kiddish games like Red Light, Green Light."

"What!? Are you serious? YOU were playing Red Light, Green Light?"

"Yeah... We had absolutely no clue what to do, so we just happened to play that." She paused.

"This is why I said it wasn't worth mentioning."

"No, it's fine." I think I must have pissed her by now.

"I guess your mom is waiting for you." I said. She followed my gaze and found her mom looking at us from her car window.

"Yeah. Gotta go. Bye!"

"Bye! Good night!"

"Good night!" She said and went away.

ASHLEY.

*exhales*