Chapter 7

"So you're telling me, that the urgent message that needed to be communicated to me, was that you lost your notebook?"

Rosa looks at Leo in exasperation, "I didn't just lose my notebook! It was stolen!"

"And correct me if I'm wrong here, but your notebook, the one with flowers on the cover, was stolen by a dwarf?" Leo asks, rubbing his forehead.

"Yes!" Rosa bursts, waving her arms around.

"Rosa I don't have time for this," Leo sighs, "I have important things I have to get to," His eyes dart to me, "very important things."

I feel a blush rise up, and I scratch the back of my head sheepishly, looking down, "Well, not that important."

"But someone stole my notebook!" Rosa wails, clinging into Leo's arm.

We are currently in the overwhelmingly large living room, sitting around a table. It's themed brown, with a sort of rustic feel to it. On the wall hangs a large flat screen, and to the left there is a doorway to yet another large room.

There is a large, L-shaped leather couch where Jackson and Rosa are lounging. Well, Rosa was sitting there until she ran forward to the love-seat that Leo dragged us to, and started holding onto Leo's arm.

I'm next to Leo on the dark green love seat, his arm wrapped around my waist. He is continually rubbing circles on my hip as Ross drones on and on, causing him to sigh periodically.

I honestly don't know why I'm here. I'm not contributing at all to the conversation. It's just Rosa.

"Rosa c'mon," Leo tries to reason, "Where was the last time you saw it?"

"In my room," She states simply, pouting as she slouches on the floor.

"Jackson, go get Heather and make her help Rosa find her notebook," Leo barks, his hands tense.

Jackson gives him a short, curt nod before beckoning to Rosa to come along with him. Rosa stomps out of the room, following Jackson.

"Now," Leo breathes, visibly relaxing as he releases the arm on the couch, "Where were we?"

"Hmm," I think, tapping a finger to my chin, "I think we were at the part where I demand to see my family."

"No no no," He denies, "that can't be right. We got over that part a while ago."

"I don't think so," I say, scrunching up my face in playful disbelief.

Leo looks down at me, poking my nose, "Actually, I think we were right about here."

He starts to lean down, coming closer and closer to my face. I move in, loving the scent that he gives off. Leo puts his hand on my cheek, cupping it softly while his other hand, the one on my waist, gently tugs me closer in.

My eyes flutter closed, and I feel his warm breath on my face. Leo's almost closed the distance when I hear it.

I can't believe it! Our first kiss!

I spring away, hitting the back of the love-seat. The momentum of my shock propels me off the couch and on the floor, landing hard on my head, hip and elbow. I can feel the area on my head begin to throb, and I wince.

Leo jumps off the love-seat, kneeling down in front of me. He looks me over to see if I'm hurt before picking me up bridal style and taking me away.

"Where are we going?" I ask breathlessly, my vision beginning to fade.

"Doctor," Leo says sharply, pulling me closer to him.

"I-I," I mumble, "I don't need to go."

"Yes you-" He glances down at me, "Skylar stay with me."