Chapter 8

"Hey Leo?"

"Yeah, love."

I take a deep breath, rubbing my sweaty palms, "I need to ask you something."

Leo looks at me, a bit nervous, but still nods his head.

"Have you ever read any of those werewolf stories?"

Leo let's out a breath, shaking his head and releasing a shaky laugh, "You really scared me for a second there."

"Sorry," I shrug my shoulders sheepishly.

"And yeah," He nods his head, "I have. Did you read those as a child?"

"One or two," I lie, and he snorts, "or fifteen."

"Try a hundred, I'll believe that."

"Well, how much of those stories have accurate information?"

I turn and look at his face, pausing the tv. We're in the living room, lying on the couch. It's the next day, and this has been the first time we've been able to spend time together since that cuddling session. He's been too busy.

I'm lying on top of Leo's chest, watching The Office, while Leo plays with my hair and asks me questions about my life. Well, we used to be doing that.

"Hmmm," He thinks for a bit, "I think you've already realized the whole mate thing is real."

"Yeah," I sit up and move besides him, watching him frown when the only part of us that's touching are our thighs, "about that. Is the whole, 'mating process' thingy mah-bob, I don't know, true?"

"Definitely."

My head whips to the side, my eyes wide and my mouth gaping, "Really?" I squeak out.

"Of course," Liam tells me, looking at me like it's a ridiculous notion to not do that.

"And, um, when exactly do you think that that is going to, oh I don't know, be going on?" I probe, looking at him curiously.

"Whenever you and I feel is right. Unless something happens, that is," Leo finishes off vaguely.

"What could happen?" I ask, beginning to worry, "I hope you know, that when I lose my virginity I want it to be on my terms and not anyone else little schedule."

"Fair." He agrees, nodding his head.

"What about, 'heat'?" I look at Leo and he frowns.

"It's true as well," Leo looks at me, "Why are you asking so many questions about this stuff?"

"I was just curious!" I cover up fast, waving my hand about. I know he saw through it, how could he not, but at least he did his best to over look the lie.

"Well good," He mumbles, putting a hand on my thigh and pulling me closer, "I thought you were worried or something."

I laugh lightly, "I'm not."

"So," He breaths into my ear, "You wanna know something weird?"

"What?"

"I'm not even a Leo." He leans back to gauge my reaction, and I smile.

"Well, when's your birthday?" I ask, looking at him in the eye.

He smiles, "Wouldn't you like to know."

"Yes, in fact I would," I tell him, and Leo turns away from me.

Leo sticks his tongue out at me and turns his face to the tv. I glare at him, but eventually get that he's not backing down anytime soon and sigh, sinking back into his chest.