Chapter 13

The next morning I go for a run. My first real run, that is. I felt the burning early into the night and just ignored it, but it started to intensify and I had to go for it. I can sense Leo's distress at not seeing me, so I begin to journey home. I made sure to put on my shorts, sneakers, shirt and bra before stepping through the trees.

When I come back, Leo is waiting for me. He has his arms folded over his chest and his gaze is firm. I shiver a little when he looks me up and down, his gaze my undoing.

"Where were you?" He questions, locking his arms around my waist.

I lean my head into his chest, "I went for a run."

"Where?" He pesters, laying his cheek against my hair.

"Around," I answer vaguely.

"Well, why didn't you invite me?" He asks gruffly, tensely.

" 'Cause I wanted to go," I respond, leaning up and kissing his nose.

I hear a click, and look to see Rosa, Leo's younger sister, with a camera. She is smiling down at it happily, and I roll my eyes.

"Inconspicuous much?" I laugh, and she blushes.

"I'm sorry! You both just looked so cute," Rosa exclaims, snapping another photo.

Leo growls possessively, hugging my body closer to his and away from the camera, "I do not like it when you take photos, Rosa."

Click, click click.

"What was that?" Rosa teases innocently, peaking her head out from behind the camera.

Leo growls, stepping forward, "Do not disobey me."

Rosa takes a step back, then another, and another. And photo for each step back. Then she angles her body and starts to take photos of me.

"Smile for the camera!" Rosa exclaims, moving around in stupid motions.

I cover my face laugh, peaking through my fingers a bit. "You're so weird!"

"Why must you do these weird things, Rosa?" Leo sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know!" Rosa takes a photo of Leo with his exasperated face, "Why don't you ask yourself? I mean, we are related."

"Don't remind me," Leo rolls his eyes, smirk hesitantly tugging at his lips. He absentmindedly reaches you this hands and laces our fingers together.

Click.

"Will you stop doing that!" Leo growls, pulling me closer and breathing me in.

"Just one more!" Rosa takes a step forward, positions the camera, and tilts her head, "Say cheese!"

Leo's arms are wrapped around my waist, and my back is against his chest. His head is leaning over my shoulder on the right side. I sense he's tense, and all grumpy. I smile, and then pinch Leo's thigh so he can at least have a reaction better than the one he's giving now. He gasps softly, and I bend my head around, looking at his surprised face. I grin uncontrollably, his eyes darkening at my surprise.