The Night Before Dawn

Dean awakes to the feeling of coolness. He goes to pull the blanket closer when he realizes. Cas wasn't with him. He shot up in the bed and looked around the pitch black room. As he's eyes start to adjust he sees a huddled figure crying at the foot of his bed. Dean gets out of bed, walks around and kneels in front of Cas. "Hey buddy are you okay?" Dean asks softly. "I'm sorry." Cas crocked. "Hey stop that come back to bed it'll be okay." He smiles gently grabbing Cas' hand. Cas crawls back into the bed and curls up to Dean once more. He can feel Cas trembling against him. He starts to hum which turns to singing.

Carry on my wayward son.

They'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest.

Don't you cry no more.

He smiled as he felt Cas start to calm down and kept sing:

Once I rose above the noise and confusion

Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion

I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high.

Cas' breathing returns to normal as he hears the rumble of Dean's voice threw his chest. He didnt want it to stop so he continued to lay there, in Dean's arms.

Though my eyes could see i still was a blind man

Though my mind could think i still was a mad man

I hear the voices when im dreamin', i can hear them say.

He smiled against Dean's chest. He felt so peaceful.

Carry on my wayward son

They'll be peace when you are done

Lay your weary head to rest....dont you cry....no...more.

Cas finally spoke up."You're good at that..." Dean blushes,grunting "nah." He frowns. "Why do you refuse my compliment?" Cas asks sitting up trying to find Dean's face in the darkness. "Uh...well..Idk man. It's whatever." Dean meekly looks up at the black mass sitting next to him."That's not a very good reason Dean." Cas glares as his eyes adjust to the darkness. "Hey, Why do you care so much that I'm not taking your dumb compliment?" Dean glares back. Cas grunts angrily and starts getting up. " Hey, wait." He mumbles grabbing he's hand. "I'm...um sorry okay. Thanks." Dean mumbles looking at anything but Cas. He stares at Dean then looks down at there hands. He can't help but intertwine his hand with Dean's. He looks up at Cas in kinda shock. " You're kinda cute." Cas mumbles with out thinking. Dean is absolutely floored "Wh-what?" He's eyes wide. Cas looks away. "S-Sorry um...forget it." he stutters letting go of Dean's hand. After a small awkward silence Dean finally speaks up. "You're...um kinda cute too." He sits up resting his head on his knees. Cas blushes horribly. " Dean...." He awkwardly scratches his head. "Hey. You...um want some ice cream?" Cas smiles widely. "Sure." He starts to get up but is pushed down as Dean jumps up. "Race ya!" He laughs looking down at a very amused Cas. "HEY you're cheating!" He yell whispers as he hurriedly jumps out of the bed chasing after Dean.

After crashing into the kitchen a very amused Dean turns to see Cas fall onto him after losing his footing on the slippery tile floor. "Whoa there buddy first day on your feet?" He chuckles catching Cas in his arms. "No you fuck tard I'm wearing sock running around the kitchen like an idiot." Cas glares up at him as he straightens himself up. Dean laughs. "Oh my god." Cas can't help but start laughing too. "Shut up I was promised Ice cream." He laughs playfully glaring at Dean. "Yeah yeah ice cream." Dean chuckles as he walks past him to the freezer. "Vanilla or... Chocolate?" He turns around to show Cas the options. "Vanilla." Cas says with out a second thought. "Really? Vanilla is boring." Dean says raising an accusing eyebrow. "Chocolate is flamboyant." Cas sasses back. Dean scoffs. "Someones sassy as fuck in the morning." Cas looks around for the clock. "Shit it's already 6 in the morning?" Dean scraps the last bits of ice cream into their bowls. "Yep what a nutritious breakfast we are having." He hands Cas his bowl. They walk over to the couch as the sun begins to rise. They sit in comfortable silence eating their ice cream and watching the sun rise.