Chapter 3

The man hurriedly scribbled down his message, making sure his handwriting was legible and that he had included all details in it, shuddering at the though of the previous person who had been delegated this unlucky job. The reek of his insides had hung around, not fading from the area for weeks after he missed out a small detail and the Scorpion King came to investigate. Catching sight of the time, he wrote furiously, his fingers trembling slightly, the words flitting from his mind onto paper. They have escaped and the prince's loyal dog has been told. The ghost did not hear, and all is going smoothly. For motivation to chase after us, Zhou Zishu's... he raised his head, looking at the time. It was a few mintues to the latest time he could release the bird carrying his report to the Scorpion King if he wanted it to reach by the requested – or rather, demanded – time. Writing down the last of his message, he tied the scroll to the bird's leg and let it off.

A week or so later, the Scorpion King would receive it, a pleased smile working its way onto the corners of his lips. He would then burn it, ensuing that the prince would not be able to find any sort of evidence. He planned to let Zhou Zishu kill the Ghost Valley Mater as per Prince Jin's order, but if Wen Kexing overpowered him... he shrugged. He would have served his purpose and the Ghost Valley Master would be weakened enough that he would be easily killed.

And should he somehow form an alliance with him... His smile turned sinister, then I can't be blamed for not following the prince's order.

A/N: this is completely unrelated to the fanfiction but I just wanted to put it out here. Have y'all heard of the recent attack on ZZH? :(((( Stay strong ZZH!!